MakeWebGames

Disable referrals on a user

Tomo

Re: Disable referrals on a user

tomo-I would suggest just opening up your register.php

go to the line that adds crystals to the referer when the user signs up.

add a simple check

if($referers userid == 514)

blah

else

add crystals

where 514 is the ID # of the person you wish to stop.

Ok, this didn't work but there's no doubt I'm doing it wrong, could someone tell me exactly what to put and where to put it?

$_POST['ref'] = abs((int) $_POST['ref']);
$ip = ($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])
   ?  $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']
   :  $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$q=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE lastip='$ip' AND userid={$_POST['ref']}",$c);
if(mysql_num_rows($q))
{
die("No creating referral multies. Bad dog.");
}
if($_POST['ref']) {
$q=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE userid={$_POST['ref']}",$c);
$r=mysql_fetch_array($q);
}
mysql_query("INSERT INTO users (username, login_name, userpass, level, money, crystals, donatordays, user_level, energy, maxenergy, will, maxwill, brave, maxbrave, hp, maxhp, location, gender, signedup, email, bankmoney, lastip) VALUES( '{$username}', '{$username}', md5('{$_POST['password']}'), 1, $sm, 0, 0, 1, 12, 12, 100, 100, 5, 5, 100, 100, 1, '{$_POST['gender']}', unix_timestamp(), '{$_POST['email']}', -1, '$ip')", $c);
$i=mysql_insert_id($c);
mysql_query("INSERT INTO userstats VALUES($i, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10)", $c);

if($_POST['ref']) {
require "global_func.php";
mysql_query("UPDATE users SET crystals=crystals+100 WHERE userid={$_POST['ref']}",$c);
event_add($_POST['ref'],"For refering $username to the game, you have earnt 100 valuable crystals!",$c);
mysql_query("INSERT INTO referals VALUES('', {$_POST['ref']}, $i, unix_timestamp(),'{$r['lastip']}','$ip')", $c);
}

why not just...

Find

mysql_query("UPDATE users SET crystals=crystals+100 WHERE userid={$_POST['ref']}",$c);
event_add($_POST['ref'],"For refering $username to the game, you have earnt 100 valuable crystals!",$c);

replace with

if(!$_POST['ref']==IDOFTHEUSERYOURDONTWANTTOBEABLETOREFERGOESHERE)

{

}

else

{

event_add($_POST['ref'],"for being a noob and smelling like toast, i hereby banish you from recruiting among the morons you sleep with at night",$c);

}

something like that i would imagine

if($_POST['ref']!=IDOFTHEUSERYOURDONTWANTTOBEABLETOREFERGOESHERE)
{
}
else
{
event_add($_POST['ref'],"for being a noob and smelling like toast, i hereby banish you from recruiting among the morons you sleep with at night",$c);
}