MakeWebGames

Side Bars

Astra

Side Bars

It would appear that m cron job manager doesn't allow me to run the cronjob.php every 5 minutes' date=' only every 5 minutes past the hour, is there a way around this[/quote']

Could you just get around that and make a cronjob for the same file at the 0 minute mark, 5 minute mark, etc? It would be a little messy, but at least you could get it to run when you wanted.

Also, if you don't want to have your cron scripts in the live site directory, you could always replace "curl http://url/to/file" with "php /path/to/file". This is how I have mine set up, so no one can "accidentally" find my cron scripts from the website. They aren't even in a public directory, they are in a directory 2 levels above.

Side Bars

I have just been looking through the email reports for cron daemon and this is the message i get

You (test site) are not allowed to use this program (crontab) See crontab(1) for more information

reading this i would believe that my host doesn't support this and please tell me that im wrong but i thikn im gonna have to get a new host

Side Bars

some hosting companies do not allow crons as they use a lot of server services. In other words your host can put less 'lag free" sites on a shared server, so less revenue for them if they would allow it or they have to increase the price and put less sites on a shared server.

• 3 months later...

Re: Side Bars

Has there been a resolution to this yet?

I also have set up a test site using the codes-lite-v101-gnu, to learn the script before I purcahse the script and set up my first game. This is my first experince in PHP. crons, and sql...... :-o

My experinces are identical, my host does allow cron jobs and does have curl library installed........

I get a blank email from Cron Daemon, and non of the life bars have moved in 24 hours.

I updated the file(s) given earlier in the thread. Atleast now I'm not getting a error 404 in my emails..... It's teh blank error identical to wha thas been posted...... and obviosly still not filling the bars.

Please HELP????

I want to learn this script.... it seems easy enough and very versatile. If I can eg tteh bugs worked and and play with it a little while I think I'd like to use this script for my game. It came recomended by an aquaintance who is using it on his game.....

Update:

It's been 4 days and my stamina has been at 50%, I've had a couple other game owners look at it. There is no reason why it doesn't work at all, in any way shape or form.

Think I'm going to ask around and see what other scripts others are using. I've already wasted a full week on this script, 4 days on this one bug....... I understand others have had this issue with the lite version and that this is supposedly fixed in the paid version, but I dont want to invest until I am fluent in the script and can manage a game with players. What ever script I learn and am familiar with will be the one I use and stay with.

• 1 month later...

The word "curl" is missing from the command.

Here are correct cron Jobs:

Minute 0

Hour 0

Day *

Month *

Weekday *

Command curl http://www.astra-networks.com/rpg/cron_day.php?code=

Minute */5

Hour *

Day *

Month *

Weekday *

Command curl http://www.astra-networks.com/rpg/cron_ ... .php?code=

if thats correct then wht does installer TXT say this? crontab /path/to/crons.txt