MakeWebGames

[mccode] Voice Mail ?

Uridium

ok this is a very small mod but i think it will keep you members happy..

This will send out a Human voice when your members recieve an email. Shuts down when Email box is empty..

open up mainmenu.php

Just Replace this line which on mine is about line 35

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

With this one Below

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Ive included 1 file that needs to be placed in your root folder or subfolder you will have to download the newpm.zip from my server as i cant attach it to this post again place it in either root or sub.

http://www.nightdreamer2000.com/newpm.zip

Re: [MOD] Voice Mail ?

Just to mention as i forgot and incase people as the swf doesnt display on screen you will hear the voice of the alert but the swf will be hidden...

the beauty of using flash to pm the message is you can add what ever you like to it.. If you want the flash to display a message make sure that the code above has the option of hidden="true" to hidden="false" you can now display the Flash and the message.....

For those that want a voice generated Pm try out http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Its a Text to voice Generator has male and female voices and different Languages..

I suggest you play with the text as sometimes they dont sound like the should so for example if you were want to say..

"A new private message has arrived"

you would be better typing it into the Vocal text as

" Ay New Voice Mess age has Arrived"

the spaces denote the lengh to pause.. then you can save your voice text and place it into your newpm.fla file

i would just use a mp4 to do this see how flash that is embedded and easy be used to redirect users with the use of a free ad on to Firefox i will not list the Firefox ad on that dos this just cuss some will use it just to do it on game but it is a nice add on but i think a mp4 would be better could be wrong

I statede above that this would shut down when email box is empty.. I mis-worded that what i mean was when you have read the new email thats when the voice shuts down.. Dont want people thinking they have to completely empty their email box to shut it off..

Sorry if my wording has caused some confusion..

Regards the mp4 i tried to keep the feature as small as possible so its not taking up too much bandwidth when played.

Im aware this mod is not even longer than 2 lines but the feed back from it has been enormous..