MakeWebGames

Number format

nheimberg

Re: Number format

I have a link in my header that shows amount of money in bank and it links to the bank. It looks like this....

<a href='bank.php'>Go Station Bank: \$".number_format($ir['bankmoney'])."

Hope that helps.

~Natasha

that money_formatter function is useless, number_format does the same, you'll just have to add a $ before it

I object. I think the money formatter is great. What if you want to change currency? What if you want to make a copy of your current game, all mods included, in order to start a new one? Maybe your theme changes and you need a new currency.

I for one dread having to go through my code removing all my ASCII currency marks as I create my 2nd game.

There isn't going to be many places you have a currency symbol, maybe homepage, profiles, shops, a few other places

If i was to change currencies i'd just use output buffering and regex the replacements, while i got around to nailing the last few spots it still had it

Doesn't matter to me, I just use money() as a function, still has the symbol, my point is that money_formatter wastes a lot of time with how it works