MakeWebGames

Browser Differences

Showman

When i modify my scripts it sometimes only updates for certain browsers...

1/ Using firefox when i use an item it takes 2 of the items out of my inventory. Using internet explorer it only takes 1 item out of my inventory.

2/ Using firefox all my backgrounds are perfect, just as i set them. Using internet explorer it only shows half of the background image, the other half is black.

Ive got a few more problems like this aswell and its becoming a big problem. I tryed deleting all my cookies and prefetch ect for both browsers.

Any ideas?

Re: Browser Differences

One.

Set up a script that checks the user's browser info when they are on the login page. If it's IE, have it redirect to the getfirefox page.

I've been tempted to do that to all my sites for a long time now... The small amount of lost traffic would be for the greater good :D

One.

Set up a script that checks the user's browser info when they are on the login page. If it's IE, have it redirect to the getfirefox page.

I've been tempted to do that to all my sites for a long time now... The small amount of lost traffic would be for the greater good :D

Well even doing that wouldnt solve my problem, theres different problems for every browser

#1 is server side, the browser wouldn't affect this :\ unless there's some additional plugins etc that may f' it up

#2, every browser interprets CSS differently, you'll have to learn the differences of each to make sure each page looks perfect in every browser

• 3 weeks later...