MakeWebGames

miniNEAB engine 2.0

a_bertrand

Hi,

I just finished to pack up the new release of the miniNEAB.

A lot has been improved over the 1.1 and more features will be added soon.

If you order one, please remember to tell me that you need to have 10% off ;-)

miniNEAB Engine 2.0 release:

- Improved file strucure.

- All features are now "modules" which are indipendent.

- Added init_world function.

- Added install.txt to help you start with.

- Improved cron job.

- Added a few items (to the admin to test).

Re: miniNEAB engine 2.0

Just a question does the code use alot of the server usages?

does the the game need any crons?

is the code understandable and easy to adapt by adding new palces on map? and new skils or stuff?

cheers

:mrgreen:

- The code is quite optimized, and should not use too much resources (beside the daily cron if you want to use them, like for the map generations).

- The code could mostly work without cron, if you don't want to automatically update the maps, and handle the auctions.

- Every single tools (player, or admin), locations, skills, special objects are separated files, and are dynamically loaded. That means for example, creating a new type of location requires to create a new directory, and create one PHP file and a .DEF file (full spec in the install.txt file). Once this is done, the location manager will know automatically the new location type and let you add it. Easy enough I believe.

Quite a lot of comments are embedded in the the source, (like descriptions of all the functions inside the libraries), and from the comments a special directory called Docs is generated which let you find all the info you need.

More over the code is fully compatible with PHP 4 and PHP 5 and automatically switch between the needed files when you switch from one to the other (only 2 library files are version dependent).

Finally, in the case you don't want to use MySQL, the game engine uses a small class which is compatible with ADODB, and therefore you should be able to port the game to other database without too much work.

I suggest to pickup the NEABExplorer version, and check how it's made... some stuff will be soon be updated to reflect the new miniNEAB but still most of the structure and the way the engine is written should be understood from the free version. In case you have questions let me know, I will be more than happy to explain more in detail the way the whole thing works.

Beside all the info are on the website... The normal price would be 200$ for the miniNEAB and 50$ for the microNEAB. NEABExplorer is free. For members of this forum, a special 10% off is made, that means 180$ for the miniNEAB and 45$ for the microNEAB.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it should be posted here that the engine does not come with the donator items you find on nowhere-else.org. If you want cool donator items like those, you're going to have to program them yourself. Just an FYI

• 1 year later...

- The code is quite optimized, and should not use too much resources (beside the daily cron if you want to use them, like for the map generations).

- The code could mostly work without cron, if you don't want to automatically update the maps, and handle the auctions.

- Every single tools (player, or admin), locations, skills, special objects are separated files, and are dynamically loaded. That means for example, creating a new type of location requires to create a new directory, and create one PHP file and a .DEF file (full spec in the install.txt file). Once this is done, the location manager will know automatically the new location type and let you add it. Easy enough I believe.

I can vouch for the code quality - I've bought it and been very happy with it; it's the basis for www.baneworld.com.

• 1 month later...