MakeWebGames

Fraud seller of mccodes

topmorpg

Re: Fraud seller of mccodes

Well unlucky because Dabomstew doesn't come anymore, neither does he have any intention of making "MCCodes V3".

If I could help, I surely would but I don't think Dabomstew cares. I got him on MSN, but he doesn't really mind as MCcodes has already been distributed so much that people think it's freeware.

Well, just because dabomstew doesnt care anymore still doesn't give people the right to sell/use illegal copies for personal use or to make profits..

It's also pretty kuch not protected, so it's not technically illegal if you look into it, i don't think. I pray somone can correct me here.

Guest Anonymous

It is still illegal the problem is that nothing will happen....so noone cares. Except for those that paid...

Guest Anonymous

I'm not quite sure where this is going...

It is really up to the original author to deal with individuals/sites selling his/her property.

• 2 weeks later...

well Dabs is dumb for not copyrighting his code...

saying its copyrighted and having a actual copyright are completely different...

getting it copy righted isnt even expensive... its like $100, and just takes a few months to get the paper work

D3v 7oW: Upon the creation of a copyrightable work a copyright AUTOMATICALLY attaches to the work. This, as a matter of international law, is the case in all/most countries that are signed up to the Berne Convention. Considering you are expressing yourself in $ I assume you are referring to the US system where it possible to REGISTER your copyright. This does not "create" the copyright and just because a work is not registered it does NOT mean it isn't protected by copyright law. The act of registration just makes it easier to prove, in the case of litigation, that a work was created by X at point Y in time. If the copyright to MCCodes isn't registered i guess it is because the owner isn't planning on going to court in case of infringement, so it would be a little pointless spending even $100 to register it. Just correcting a misconception.