MakeWebGames

Clean up your .html code !!!

overklokan

It's very important to have clean .html code of pages you serve to others on internet. One might think

page is good enough if it shows ok in most browsers. Not really. Don't forget that your traffic heavily

relies on search engines, or it should be ! Web-crawlers that major search engine companies use are

designed to pick your .html ONLY and skip all images, JavaScript, CSS and other code ... even if you have

in-line JavaScript and CSS it makes no difference since they're removed from 4n4lyze that web-crawlers

are doing after they pick your page. That's why you should try to have your .html with 0 errors and warnings !

There are many tools which you might use to check your final -html before uploading it to server. Two of

the best i found are following, both designed for FireFox browsers:

http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/index.html

http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

Second one is multifunctional tool. Besides .html and other validations it offers many very usefull thingies.

I'm writting this cause i found out that not a single web page i visited from here is clean of errors or warnings.

Fix them people, you might be fighting some part of code in order to make it work properly but it's not about

that part at all ):o=

Re: Clean up your .html code !!!

In defense of all the people you spoke of, windows is not bug and error free...

It never has been, and I'm willing to bet it never will be.

Obviously that isn't an excuse for there to be lots of bugs/errors, but that's the way life is. Not everyone can be part of the 'cool' valid Strict XHTML crowd ya know ;)

Re: Clean up your .html code !!!

In defense of all the people you spoke of, windows is not bug and error free...

It never has been, and I'm willing to bet it never will be.

Obviously that isn't an excuse for there to be lots of bugs/errors, but that's the way life is. Not everyone can be part of the 'cool' valid Strict XHTML crowd ya know ;)

well yes, some sites might not get "valid" mark but 99% can ... people don't even look at their code !

you can find double doc types, tags before them, 2x same meta tag or even worse (one saying one thing,

other completely oppossite) ... just think about what web crawler might end with after 4n4lyse ... check

most high-ranked sites on web with same validators, you wont usualy find those errors and warnings :roll:

• 3 weeks later...