MakeWebGames

PHP Versions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm curious on this ... I have a number of extensions that I would like to share having written them from scratch for other people, but as my system is *very* up-to-date, there may be issues with my code.

So, if I can get a general idea of what % of people use each version, I may be able to downgrade the scripts where appropriate...

Re: PHP Versions

What do you mean with extentions?

Are you talking about php extentions, written in C, or just MCCode ones?

Most hosts these days uses PHP 5.x, PHP4 isn't that behind when it comes to the normal things.

Only when you explore further into PHP, closer to the core, you will feel the difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5.

So you won't have to be modifying your scripts anytime soon.

I mainly use PHP6 -dev compiles of php, since my system spits out allot of errors when I play around with php.

On your list, and for the normal useage, I voted PHP 5. (:

Guest Anonymous

Re: PHP Versions

"Mods", if you like, for a variety of environments - I do use hand-crafted C extensions on my own network, but those are not for general use.

A lot of my "mods" use PHP5 specific abilities - notably interfaces, public, private, protected members and exceptions - so if the consensus of opinion leads towards PHP4, I'd have to downgrade the scripts to suit peoples environments.