MakeWebGames

[mccode] Stats Market

Ragnar

Thanks to killah and Ghetto for helping me knock off a few bugs, and killah adding the 10 listings max, since I'm a mySQL total n00bie.

This is the Crystal Market script converted in to a Stats Market, letting players sell their stats to other players.

The current price cap is 200 per stat point, and can be increased to where a total listing price can be some where around $9.2 Quintillion, depending on the server.

If the price cap is increased too much or removed, it can cause abuse. Players can list the stats on the market, making it easier for their friends to attack them to gain easy experience. Hence the price cap added.

The most stats players can add *per listing* for any stat, is -10 of the stat that they have the least of. For example, if the lowest stat they got is IQ with 100 IQ, the most they can list per listing for any stat is 90. This adds one more way to make IQ and Labor useful! And they can't end up with less than 10 of any of the stats.

If some one can, edit the script to add a max on the number of listings that a player can have at one time and post it.

Edit: Max listing code has been added, with a max of 10 listings per player. Thanks killah.

mySQL query....

--

-- Table structure for table `statsmarket`

--

CREATE TABLE `statsmarket` (

`smID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`smQTY` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`smADDER` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`smPRICE` bigint(25) NOT NULL default '0',

`smSTATS` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`smID`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table `statsmarket`

--

statsmarket.php (Version 2, but you got the sticky thread to use to convert it.)

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Re: [mccode] Stats Market

but it does not add stats you buy or take away stats you sell

Duh! It's not supposed to add stats. Does the Crystal market add crystals to the game? No, 'you buy or take away cryatals you sell'. It's called buying and selling.

it would just ruin the econamy of a gme straight away if people or swapping and changing stats to attack the level would go sky high.

That's why it has three things to keep that stuff from occuring. It comes with a price cap, a number of listings you can add at a time cap, and the biggest one, if you have 1000 IQ and a bazillion of the other stats, the max you can list of any stat, is 990 points. It also gives players one more reason to increase the almost useless stats like Labour and IQ.

Very Nice Security But The Rest I Really Dont Get Why Sell Your Hard Earned Stats Im Sorry Its Just Like All New Makets They Are Useless And Would Make A Level 1 Have The Best Stats Within One Day Like Cyanide Quoted Well Done For Thinking Outside The box I Agree With That But Not This Far Out

No Offence Intended Mate Please Do Keep Thinking I Think This Maybe The Start Of A Very Good Line Of Mods For You :)

The Prince

Would Make A Level 1 Have The Best Stats Within One Day

They would have to be able to have a ton of cash to end up with the best stats in one day. I'm guessing your players don't end up being rich on day 1, unless the game has MASSIVE inflation!! And even if the game has that, all of other active players would be trying to snatch the stats up and have way more cash then the newbie! Only if a newbie can make it to being one of the richest players on day one would they be able to end up with the best stats using this!

• 1 month later...

Here is it in v1

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

<--------------> jimmytubbs<--------------------->2244thegame.co.uk

Had to change a few things in here to get it to work on v1. For example, had to change all msql to mysql and the $db-> to mysql_ . Otherwise, great mod and thanks for converting it for noobs like me who know nothing of php/mysql.