MakeWebGames

MCcodes Header Help

canibalstew

OK i changed my header layout as i have noticed that ver2 header is into 3 or so funcs well i have it working with the functions but for some reason when you have a die func it cuts more than what it is supposed to as i have been thinking on why this is seems there is something to do with what is in each function as i am still learning i would like to ask for any advice on this as it seems something i am over looking and not paying attention with how the functions in header are set with the endpage and menu hide funcs

Re: MCcodes Header Help

normally mccode scripts end with:

$h->endpage();

?>

So, when you call the die function, call the endpage() function first. If that doesn't work, then you've got some sort of whacky problem that might be difficult to help you solve without at the very least seeing a source of you html.

if ($ir['user_level'] < 2) {

echo "What ya tryna do bro?";

$h->endpage();

die;

}

That is basically what you want to do. You'll commonly see text placed into the die function, but that is not the best practice since that string will be the last thing sent as html output and will come after any </body></html>, unless you put that in the die function.

well seems i have been looking at this wrong i had alot into the menu area so when it does menu hide it hides all or if a die it dies all because its in that func and the dies kill whats in the function or info in it i suppose but now that i added a new func we will say its name is main and i call it in globals but now it is way off center but it is becoming a clear now i need to figure where and how to place it as it should stay in its panel like its en bedded into the main content frames but its not its way to the right and down a bit...

also yes truly hard to tell when i cant give alot of access as i have other bought codes and other stuff that i cant let out as it is easy for a pro to rip codes when helping people so if anyone truly wants to help they need to come with some good references as i like to keep my code and other codes i buy safe so if you can please help with any advice you can if you have good references and you are honest message me i will let you see the header but as i said before i will check you out before even 1 sign of theft or even shadiness i will not allow you to view it sorry for this as i have had code stolen before while someone helped me

source = View HTML source

As in, View >> View Source >> You can see the html source code of the page you're looking at.

As for your header, I wouldn't want to see it lol, unless you're paying me to look at it.

As for your problem, you haven't given anywhere near enough detail for me to even begin helping you. I gave you the advice that could lead to an easy fix if you're problem was caused by the die function preventing html from being output by the $h->endpage() function.

It seems that you don't think that's the problem. I guess you're stuck. Good luck with it.

yeah i am kinda stuck but as everyone had seen i will fix it i always find a way to learn how to but as there are alot of people that works on these seems there were to be at least 1 person who has had the issue before but guess not just looking for advice as i know the problem but everything i try dont work

but i am trying a new thing today ill post back to tell how it goes thanx for your replys

Just because someone may have had the same problem doesn't mean fixing it will be the same.

I see it as one of two things:

An html error

An error in the logical flow of your script

lots of people have those errors, but fixing them is different for every one.

ahhh yes i see i figured out what it is how to fix it is my issue for somereason menuarea function is both menu and the main window view to view jail and such well for some reason its not complying with how its flowing i need to get someone who knows how they exactly did mccodes to see where i have to change it as there has to be a widowed function added to the globals but it wont let it happen it makes me use the menuarea function to show the main window right but when i do that i get die issues and menu hide issues witch kills whole left side when doing it that way and a simple die shouldn't do that but i noticed there is the issue but how to fix it i don't know i cant see how the tied the menu and the main window together so i can separate it and use it in a separate function so to sum it up

i need to figure how to split the menu area function into 2 parts

the part for menu so only the menu will hide

the main widow so the main window goes in right place