MakeWebGames

new query prob

seanybob

$u=$db->query("SELECT table FROM honortypes WHERE table='{$_POST['table']}' AND type='{$_POST['type']}' AND howmuch={$_POST['howmuch']}");

QUERY ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'table FROM honortypes WHERE table='users' AND type='level' AND howmuch=10' at line 1

I've looked at this query for the last hour. It's perfect. I can't find anything wrong with it.

All variables are sent correctly. They show up in the error itself, so that doesn't appear to be a prob...

I am confused. Immensely. Completely. Utterly. Perhaps someone knows/sees something here I don't?

Re: new query prob

oh well inside your code is:

type='{$_POST['type']}'

where it says

'{$_POST['

isn't that the script it thinks

']}'

and that is the rest

type

and type is just floating about?

i was just wondering if it is meant to do that

$u=$db->query("SELECT `table` FROM honortypes WHERE `table`='{$_POST['table']}' AND type='{$_POST['type']}' AND howmuch={$_POST['howmuch']}");

table is a reserved keyword

doh...

*smacks himself*

thanks decept.

Guess I gotta go check out all the reserved keywords

$u=$db->query("SELECT `table` FROM honortypes WHERE `table`='{$_POST['table']}' AND type='{$_POST['type']}' AND howmuch={$_POST['howmuch']}");

table is a reserved keyword

You beat me to it. :) I've ran into that issue at least once. :)

I ran into it a few times. While working on this new thing I have, CLASS is unusable, which I forgot and had to redo a bunch of queries lol

Anyways, anyone have a link to a comprehensive site with the reserved keywords on it? Else paste them here?

I ask because a lot of people will want to know anyways.

I think if you use backticks around tablenames, no matter what they are (even if they're a reserved word) it'll always search for the table name or coumn name

I think you're right... do you mean like:

SELECT `select` FROM `class` WHERE `delete`=1

lol