MakeWebGames

[REVIEW] Pirate Quests

Vorlen

What a really cool login screen! Seriously, it's a full and clean image with a nice description/hook. After seeing this, I'm actually debating skipping the stage where I go out to have a cigarette to contemplate the layout of this review. If that's not good, I don't know what is....

Well, let's register already! The register page is a little more bland, but it does contain a lot of information, disclaimers mostly to ensure their legal safety, which is smart on their behalf. When the register page asked be for my username, and pass.. okay fine by me. City to start, cool with me too, but do they really need to know my name, age and where my hometow is? Bah... lookin for trouble if I answered all of that true, so in hometown I put Not Applicable, maybe they'll think I wasn't born!

Woah woah woah!! Now, see this is just not cool.

• ERROR #5 - Invalid Gender: M or F only.

If you don't understand why I say that's not cool, it's because they give you a TEXT INPUT BOX for a simple M, or F choice... in their case the code would need to be edited to either a dropdown, or if they don't like that, at least put a maxlength=1 on the input tag.

Oh hey, they don't want you putting your whole name, I input "Kyle Wolfe" and it tells me a-z characters only, seriously guys... give us some specifications! FIRST name, Kyle. Okay here we go let's try that. Hurray! It's done!

Oh... I am disappointed. The inside of this game is rather nothing like the login page. I would like some more graphical interface, or a different color scheme maybe. This would do for a game about castles, with all the greys.

However! This, has a LOT of stuff in it. Sure it's a bit cramped, but a fairly organized cramped... You can do so much in this game, it's really quite the setup. I'm ID 22801, but somehow magically ranked, 79. Is it just me or is this game complicated enough that basically everyone just leaves.

If they put an easy to find, easy to understand newbie guide or tutorial or something, I bet they'd retain a whole lot more users, and thus create a considerably more profitable and eventful environment for play.

Seeing as there is in fact, so much to do I think I'll leave the actual physical gameplay experience up to you [the reader], however I can give out my rankings once I've experienced it a bit.

VERDICT: Not a game I would personally enjoy playing for more than 5 minutes, but there are many people who will enjoy this turn based game, it does have cash prizes but I'm guessing that's for top player, so get your butt moving if you want free cash. Try it or not, it's a half and half situation on this.

VISUAL RATING: 4/5 - So close, if you'd kept the login page idea with cool graphics and a sleek color scheme, a 5 is easily possible!

GAME PLAY RATING: 3/5 (This is my personal rating, this game is definitely NOT for me, but may come as interesting to some others.)

• 2 months later...