MakeWebGames

proof of creation

YoungGold

i think we need something in free modifications and paid modifications section because...i've seen a few people posting mods that they did not create and are taking respect from others work...i dont like this....and it is starting to annoy me. this way i feel it will limit the amount of mods posted but the respect will go to the rightfull owners and creators...plus it will keep some sort of order in place on posting modifications....this is only my view on the subject...i would like to know what others think because im tired of seeing this...

Re: proof of creation

well i was thinking maybe somethng like when you post the mod it goes on a list and the admins on a new type of user level can look at it do correctments make sure it works and make sure thats its not a buyable mod from somewhere else and it is there genuine mod...

i dunno :/

I like the idea of making sure that something is genuine. However, how to do it may be more difficult.

There are a few things that could be done, like having the Mod Creators badge, so that people that CE recognizes as honest coders will be able to post new topics, while others can reply to them.

That may help, but it'd be a lot more work for CE I suspect.

:(

well from what your saying adding a badge will not be too difficult at all BUT...it wont stop others from posting any old mod from which we dont know are genuine and dont know if they are fine for us to use...the badge will bring awarness to the trustworthy people and give confidence to people using them..maybe we could have a monotor of the posts....and have a posting agreement where you post when you made it e.c.t why you made it...as a way of giving proof that you made it....you want to sure it and why your sharing it...something like that i dont know...its a difficult thing to add..to stop this issue :/

YG, the badge is for a membergroup, if then MD restricts the NEW TOPIC ability to ONLY that membergroup. That means that the users of the badge will be able to post new topics, while the normal users can only reply.

In turn, sure they can reply with codes, but that's spam is it not? That's where the moderators (Whomever they are) come in, and delete that stuff.

:)

Hope that cleared up my thoughts

possibly through past expereince or an interview im not sure...whether/what this forum would do to help prevent this...maybe get your post to say 100 and then the have accessibility to a badge if they wish to use it...im really not sure im open for suggestions.

Guest Anonymous

Either way it would be pretty much impossible to be 100% sure, whos mods are whos...I dont code so Im not gonna be able to verify the code...then younggold is talking testing and troubleshooting as well...these are free snippets of code people are posting...most for a game engine thats FULL of issues...if we were going to go to that amount of work we may as well just create our own engine...hire coders to make mods and only have our own products on here.

We allow you guys to help each other...who you trust and what you use...is up to you guys. Honestly at this point in the game ...I really dont think youd be able to determine who has whos mods and so on...And I wouldnt feel comfortable judging whos on the up and up...

I can point you to a post discussing gameowners badges on this forum...Jesse has redone his engine from scratch but he himself admits to having similar coding style and bugs to mccode...so if his code looks almost the same and has almost the same issues...but is his..HOW am I determine it is or isnt?

In theory its a good idea...I just dont see how it can be done. There are members on here some people consider fair coders that others dont trust...I just dont see how this can work.

Either way it would be pretty much impossible to be 100% sure, whos mods are whos...I dont code so Im not gonna be able to verify the code...then younggold is talking testing and troubleshooting as well...these are free snippets of code people are posting...most for a game engine thats FULL of issues...if we were going to go to that amount of work we may as well just create our own engine...hire coders to make mods and only have our own products on here.

We allow you guys to help each other...who you trust and what you use...is up to you guys. Honestly at this point in the game ...I really dont think youd be able to determine who has whos mods and so on...And I wouldnt feel comfortable judging whos on the up and up...

I can point you to a post discussing gameowners badges on this forum...Jesse has redone his engine from scratch but he himself admits to having similar coding style and bugs to mccode...so if his code looks almost the same and has almost the same issues...but is his..HOW am I determine it is or isnt?

In theory its a good idea...I just dont see how it can be done. There are members on here some people consider fair coders that others dont trust...I just dont see how this can work.

i dont see how it can be done either i created this post to se if anyone else had experience into solving this ussue and i brung it up...because in a way if you treat a modification like and mccode engine then we are basically watching people post mccode engine's everywhere, if you understand what i mean...and the post where everyone is saying about jesse's new created engine..yes respect dabomstew and the creator of the engine...but i dont see why we are not sticking up for the original creators of this mod....i dont know whether you lot car about it or not...i feel some of you honestly do...im just trying to do something about it because it annoying me when everyone one is on about respecting dabomstew for his engine he created when no one is respecting the real owners of the mod's that are being posted

i guess like scarlet said there are far to many mods available now to know who's is who's......so all i say now is those who do respect the original owners to post on the specific mod posted the original owners so the people about to use it know who it originally was and the respect can go to the rightfull owner...

Guest Anonymous

CE has always said if and when a mod is posted you believe is stolen ...get us proof and we will remove it...I almost never receive pm's from anyone asking me to remove posts for this reason...if I see a post in free mods that is arguing that its stolen and seems like it is...then I do remove it...

I removed one earlier that someone posted clearly saying it wasnt theirs to begin with...they just wanted to share.

YES respect the original author...as a designer I get truly pissed when someone takes what Ive made and uses it without my permission....coding is no different. I just dont see how CE can enforce this...

If you know something is stolen and posted here and you can prove it please tell me...I will remove it....its really all I can do. If the original author...and most of them are members on here cant take the time to notify CE or fight for what is theirs I dont know how we can be expected to do more...

CE has always said if and when a mod is posted you believe is stolen ...get us proof and we will remove it...I almost never receive pm's from anyone asking me to remove posts for this reason...if I see a post in free mods that is arguing that its stolen and seems like it is...then I do remove it...

I removed one earlier that someone posted clearly saying it wasnt theirs to begin with...they just wanted to share.

YES respect the original author...as a designer I get truly pissed when someone takes what Ive made and uses it without my permission....coding is no different. I just dont see how CE can enforce this...

If you know something is stolen and posted here and you can prove it please tell me...I will remove it....its really all I can do. If the original author...and most of them are members on here cant take the time to notify CE or fight for what is theirs I dont know how we can be expected to do more...

okay i understand now and what you do is great and is much apreciated...i dont know how we can enforice this either....thats the whole point of me starting this post to get people talking who agree with me and may ahve ideas on how to stop this....i am still mearly waiting for a good idea..