MakeWebGames

Crons

Memnoch

I am setting up a new game site for some friends of mine. I am using MCCodes V2 and have followed their instructions down to the T, but for some reason the crons are not working properly. I have checked the syntax to make sure everything is in place but couldn't find anything.

Any thoughts what it could be?

John B.

Re: Crons

im not to familiar with mc v2 however what cron are you trying to run. and are you using cpanel to set it up?

call the file manually in your browser. post if there is an y error and the markup in the file. I can debug it for you and the cron setup in cpanel should look a bit like this

php -f /home/user/public_html/path-to-file

or similar depending on your structure and server specs.

let me know and I can try to help you a bit.

TJ

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Crons

code=adadfweqwefwf

is something that is "passed" to the script

The script prolly checks the $_GET['code'] to see if it matches a predetermined code (this predetermined value would be set in the script itself) and is used to determine if the script should run or not.

passing a code in such a manner is used to prevent a player in your game from easily being able to run a cron themselves. so, make that code is matching up properly or you crons will most like work, but nothing will happen as the script will "die" if the code isn't matched properly.