MakeWebGames

Cron scripts you can turn off and on ?

Uridium

Earlier today i wanted to run a hour cron but didnt want it to run the entire cron for cron_hour.php so usually you would have to edit our the parts you dont want to run and only have the section running when needed for testing and so forth...

However my head as usual wanted to say Sod that im not doing all that editing why cant i just have a certain part of the script run as and when i want it too without touching the script at all....

so on all normal MCCODES crons there is this part

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

excuse the line numbers they are there for reference

so LINE 40 is the part that tells the config.php what the code text is for your CronJobs to run

so could you have more than one cronjob running on the same cron script rather than

curl https://YOURWEBSITE.com/cron_hour.php?code=YOURCODE

you could also have

curl https://YOURWEBSITE.com/cron_hour.php?usercode=YOURCODE

So you could have multiple jobs which you can turn on and off from the admin panel

example

You are viewing cron_hour file which cron elements do you want to turn on or off for this file

User Options:

Schooling:

Other extended data:

outcome

You have successfully turned off Schooling and Extended data these crons will not be run

so you can now run your script without any other job being run leaving you to fix any issues with just one cron

and your config.php would look something like this

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Edited by Uridium
fat fingers
  • Like 2