MakeWebGames

New game/project - Old roots.

George

Hello all,

As you can see i'm new to this forum; so please forgive me if I have posted this in completely the wrong section!

I came across the forum whilst trying to relight my ambitions of making another PHP/HTML/CSS/MySQL/JS role play game. I say 'another', because I basically grew up from 14-18 self-learning how to code, dipping in and out of these kind of forums for all the help I required. I successfully made, edited and modified a fair few games... All along the lines of the generic 'gangster', 'mob', 'mafia' kind of scenery. I made a few hundred pounds doing so, which doesn't sound like much now, but at the time of 15-16 years old it meant a lot!

I packed the whole idea in when 'real life' started, and time became a problem. I now see myself with much more time on my hands, and i'm wanting to open up the whole idea of starting a new project. Now don't get me wrong, I know what it takes and what is required. It's hard, and the making of the game is just the start. Thats why i'm branching out to anyone else who has the same kind of ambition as me.

It's been a couple of years since I fully went to town on a project, and since then i've had limited coding time. Granted, i'm a bit rusty... but i'd certainly describe myself as a very competent coder. Albeit an OCD type, but thats a good thing... right? ;)

I have a semi-completed game from my past, which could work as a base start; however the reason i've branched out to a forum like this is to get fresh ideas from someone, and to get together a plan and just crack on!

So thats all I guess.. open forum!

PS. I know times have changed in recent years, and the demand for RPG isn't the same. So feel free to tell me to get on my bike! But I just thought i'd open it up here and see what kind of response I get.

Thanks.