MakeWebGames

Escape From Jail

Miks

This modification allows a user who has been jailed to escape from jail, this is allowed twice every 24 hours.

1. A new column needs to be added to the user table

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

2. Create a new page and call is escapejail.php Then add this code:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

3. You now need to add the link on the jail.php page, like so

I put this before the bail and bust links

4. Finally you need to add the below line to your daily cron file:

Agreed with [MENTION=70674]ArchEclipse[/MENTION]. In database structure design, you should make the data size the smallest that is possible in order to limit the amount of unused space. It is a rather mute point nowadays because of how large database space is now, but I would recommend still following that practice.

Other than that, it is an interesting mod; however, I would recommend maybe expanding on this a bit and instead of having it just two times a day, why not make it a little more random as to whether they escape or not. On top of that, if they "fail", then penalize them. ;)

~G7470

I tried a couple of other things first but couldn't get it to work correctly. I will have another stab at it tonight with random events etc