MakeWebGames

Question about making Graphics(text based games)

T-REX

Hello everyone, this is my first post so if its in wrong place im sorry :/

I have done graphics for games but not the full thing, like mainly an image here...an image there...ect....

But as i go through these sites i see people that have some really nice designs for like login pages, and even ingame templates (Im talking about text based game images)

So my question is, for me to do full page layouts/ingame image layous for games or even just out of my imagination...do i need to own my own game code and have a dummy site to put all my stuff on to be able to sell here? Or can i just free-do all images straight out of photoshop and just sell the image like that?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but i really just am trying to understand it all before i try to sell my first image, and would like to know how other great designers set up their images to be able to sell them here.

Hello everyone, this is my first post so if its in wrong place im sorry :/

I have done graphics for games but not the full thing, like mainly an image here...an image there...ect....

But as i go through these sites i see people that have some really nice designs for like login pages, and even ingame templates (Im talking about text based game images)

So my question is, for me to do full page layouts/ingame image layous for games or even just out of my imagination...do i need to own my own game code and have a dummy site to put all my stuff on to be able to sell here? Or can i just free-do all images straight out of photoshop and just sell the image like that?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but i really just am trying to understand it all before i try to sell my first image, and would like to know how other great designers set up their images to be able to sell them here.

Well in reality you wouldn't need any source code of any engines listed on this forum to create and sell a template or layout. Most people here like Peter will either sell a PSD and for an extra fee he will generate the HTML/CSS for the person as well. After all it's just markup which your browser renders.

But yes you can sell your stuff on here but you can have your own portfolio to show off your stuff. And speaking of that do you have anything you can show us?

alright cuz i was just searching on here trying to see where to start and maybe how some other people make their templates and then i see stuff like "CSS" and i know its code and stuff but idk how to do any of that i only know photoshop so i just wanted to know if i could still make templates without coding them

alright cuz i was just searching on here trying to see where to start and maybe how some other people make their templates and then i see stuff like "CSS" and i know its code and stuff but idk how to do any of that i only know photoshop so i just wanted to know if i could still make templates without coding them

Find someone on here willing to charge $15 - $30 to slice the design. So when you have a potential customer and they require it to be coded. You know you have someone to go to straight away. Obviously also finding them to do it well.

You are more than welcome to contact me. $50 to slice the "Base" (1) template, login & register (or combine login & register to one with jQuery (magic if you don't know what jQuery is haha)). $5 - $10 per page there after if the pages have their own designs. If they are purely text, then it falls under the $50 principle of "Base".

1: "Base" - Essentially everything outlining the game play, menu, side menu etc etc.