MakeWebGames

Selling text based fantasy rpg

serend

Looking to sell a fully functional browser based fantasy rpg. After putting the finishing touches on a particular project I'm ready to move onto another one...apparently developing is far more of an interest to me than to maintain or run the same.

Game was not created with any engine, no outside plugins or external sources besides a few UI items that are well known. Its a persistent text based game that players receive x turns hourly along with a daily turn reset. Game theme is fantasy with swords, magic, orcs, etc. I would rather not share the domain publicly but happy to discuss via PM. (I dont want to take the chance of hurting the slow growing community of a brand new game.)

Tech: PHP (Non MVC, Non OOP), mySQL, jQuery

If your looking to buy an existing game with a community I'm sure there are others out there better suited than mine. In fact I would say if you plan to ask "how much I've made from the game" and/or base your offer on that...hit the back button on your browser and look at a post above or below mine. ;)

But if your looking for a game that's made and ready to rock the world with your genius ideas...and willing to pay to jump start alittle...PM me...

My personal opinion, but if I saw a game which was still using MySQL it would honestly turn off the appeal to buy it as the converting to MySQLi or PDO would be quite tedious. I don't see why you're still using MySQL? Also as MysteriousD said a preview of some sort would preview would at least gain more interest from people even if you don't wish to ruin the community maybe some screenshots?

My personal opinion, but if I saw a game which was still using MySQL it would honestly turn off the appeal to buy it as the converting to MySQLi or PDO would be quite tedious. I don't see why you're still using MySQL? Also as MysteriousD said a preview of some sort would preview would at least gain more interest from people even if you don't wish to ruin the community maybe some screenshots?

Although i'd vouch for using something more scalable than relational databases, MySQL is a pretty good database engine. I think you are confused somewhat because MySQLi & PDO are just database connectors, if you are worried about performance then choosing PHP isn't a great place to start.

Although i'd vouch for using something more scalable than relational databases, MySQL is a pretty good database engine. I think you are confused somewhat because MySQLi & PDO are just database connectors, if you are worried about performance then choosing PHP isn't a great place to start.

You misunderstood me. I assumed he meant he was using MySQL as the DB connector, I have nothing against the database engine MySQL I use it for all my project. I meant the if he is using MySQL as the DB connector. This is why you shouldn't name a language the same as the actual DB engine!

Edited by Script47

I must say, this is a fantastic looking game as I contacted him for the link.

You should also look into his site also by contacting him for the link first if your interested in purchasing a great game. Doesn't look to come from an engine as i'm aware of also so true comments he/she stated.