MakeWebGames

flat Designs

wrux

So it's the current 'trend' to have flat designs in websites & I love the style, but only when it's done properly. I've been working on some designs for a game i'm working on which features a simple flat design (ish) UI.

Whats peoples thoughts on flat designs? You see a lot of game websites nowadays with all these textured interfaces (something like prison struggle for example) so i'm just wondering if theres much interest into a different style of interface.

Any games out there with clean UIs? Theres some great ones out there but many of them use a ton of graphics etc. I'm going down a different route I think, maybe just to be different.

I am currently using bootstrap for a clean modern look, I would rather the players hate the layout than the content itself. Yes I am trying to be different, I have no idea how it will play out though :)

I am currently using bootstrap for a clean modern look, I would rather the players hate the layout than the content itself. Yes I am trying to be different, I have no idea how it will play out though :)

Oh I didn't know bootstrap is flat now, I haven't used it in ages. It seems that a lot of front end development is moving towards flat style

Oh I didn't know bootstrap is flat now, I haven't used it in ages. It seems that a lot of front end development is moving towards flat style

Well, you can get themes that make it super flat.

So i've created an interesting flat design & whilst it's not perfect (i'll make changes to this) it's something a bit different. Any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1396[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1397[/ATTACH]

The two smaller screenshots show hovering over certain elements; the game name has an animation and the vitals just display/hide.

new-design.thumb.png.31527d42e78124112e2d6f32825878af.png

1048023617_ScreenShot2014-05-01at21_09_20.png.30f8c558753b3322dbef479544f4d129.png

1006437277_ScreenShot2014-05-01at21_09_13.png.093dba1199a2ca1e26cfe9f5e8a1bd37.png

So i've created an interesting flat design & whilst it's not perfect (i'll make changes to this) it's something a bit different. Any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1396[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1397[/ATTACH]

The two smaller screenshots show hovering over certain elements; the game name has an animation and the vitals just display/hide.

I really like that, It has something unique about it ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...