MakeWebGames

Table Editing Suggestion

gmoore

(Can you tell I am neck deep in the code? :confused: )

I was wondering. In the table edit program (besides my previous suggestion of data lookup in another thread) if we could consider an addition, to the config.xml, a list of the table fields that we wished to see in the edit list. Later, once the row is selected, we could see it all in a top to bottom list as it is now.

The reason is that some of the tables may have more than 4-5 fields and thus be unmanageable in a display row. I recommend adding a 'list' element to drive the table edit grid.

Example (list element):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="-DO NOT UPDATE-">
<module version="1.0.1" name="FAQ" author="Alain Bertrand" description="Offers a F.A.Q. system with questions and answers."/>
<table name="faq_categories" />
<table name="faq">
	<lookup key="id" column="category_id" table="faq_categories"
		display="name" />
	<list fields="id, category_id, question" />
</table>
</configuration>

I might have to do this as my new tables are fairly rotund. (oh and I didn't say sortable column headers lol)

Greg

Even 10-15 fields gets large. Also, doesn't help I have fixed width templates I wrote 8 years ago that I am using (not a fan of expanding web templates for the most part). Waiting until I need to convert everything to the Responsive templates I just bought. (head spinning).

I just determined last night (putting my project management hat on) that I need to write 180 custom modules (some overlap and some changes from existing modules) and rework 12 existing core ones. Time to get buried in fun work.

Thank you listening to my posts!

Greg