MakeWebGames

Admin Module Manager

gmoore

Besides Enable and Disable, could we have an Uninstall. Once this was selected it would remove all physical traces of the module. At that point, if it was a supported module it should start displaying in the available modules section on the top part of the screen since it was not part of the system any more.

My Reasoning: Lets say I download ajax_click_demo, play with it, but do not intend on using it in a production system or it has a dangerous bug in it. I might want it to be completely removed from my server until such time as it is fixed or I need it.

Side idea, though maybe not important, is to download a specific version of the module, perhaps to go back to a better version of the module (For example: I install version 1.0.8 of something, it doesnt work, so I return to 1.0.7 which was in use prior).

Question: IF all the modules are removed, would the system actually do nothing because there are no menu choices? Just a question, but I wanted your thoughts. Like the minimal NWE idea.

Thank you!

Greg

The un-install was actually something I had since nearly the begining in my to-do list. However I'm somehow scared about it. Why? Because un-installing a module could have impacts on other modules as well. So first thing is, I first need to implement the "dependency" of modules (module A needs module B to work), as if you un-install module B it should warn you or block you or un-install module A as well. Once the dependency of modules is implemented, we can discuss it again as we need to decide if the un-install shall remove the tables the modules could have created.

Shouldn't you be sleeping or is it early morning there. In case eat some breakfast lol. But you are exactly right. Feel free to put some tasks up you might not be able to get to. I am sure several of us would help and send the code for your inclusion, I just don't know what you want or are willing to send out.

Greg