MakeWebGames

NWE Roadmap

gmoore

Has anyone ever seen or considered an NWE roadmap? I know it is not open source, but I would like to see where the engine is going. At least in the mind of the main developer (who I don't know but seems to be on a break).

I am converting to an almost unique system soon. Why did I start with NWE? I have been developing websites since before AOL existed (remember the Internet you know and love is like 12 years old lol). I keep coming back and trying to put together a gaming framework, but I have such lofty/grandiose ideas that it just nevers comes together. This is the first time I have seen something that even 50% meets my needs. But I am greedy :). So there is so much to do. I would like to see what I would be missing and what I should wait for. I develop completely in a custom NWE now. Too much has changed.

My news years resolution, make NWE, MY first love lol.

Greg

NWE is and should stay modular in term of code as well as kind of games you can produce with it. Therefore NWE didn't offer so far much of a fun game to play, instead more building blocks to let YOU guys build your own game.

In the future, I'm thinking of the following:

- Check the possibility to include some sort of automatic unit testing

- Further develop the AJAX side, for example maybe have only partial updates of the page?

- Offer a mobile / smartphone template

- Offer new modules (like house, additional clan features and more)

- Improve the existing features

But as always, my projects are pretty much driven by what you guys ask / suggest.