MakeWebGames

Semi mature project looking for a JavaScript User Interface programmer

Aleksand Kerensky

Title:

Secret

Game abstract:

'Game Title' is a real-time browser-based MMORPG in a open-ended futuristic persistent-universe game, where each player represents a starship pilot with a large choice of available activities and the liberty to decide his destiny

(Some of the) Unique features:

'Game Title' is a vast, content rich persistent universe where everything is up to you! Game masters only create events and story line missions with no obligation to follow them, they only give you new possibilities to try your skills and earn new friends.

In 'Game Title' you can have many ships in your hangars and many items in assets all over the universe, and switch between them as you like.

In 'Game Title' you are not limited by certain number of actions points per day, you can play few hours during the week-end and just login for a minute on other days and you won't lose anything or have some kind of disadvantage.

'Game Title' has a vast variety of ships and items with different advantages, disadvantages and special effects. It may take a very long time for you to explore and find what is best for you.

Every combat in 'Game Title' is taking place in real time, with a round of 3 seconds. During the combat both ships can fire weapons or apply special effects. You always have the time to ask your friends nearby to help you!

'Game Title' has a rich RPG system for pilots with plenty of skills in different domains, depending on what you like to do in the game.

In 'Game Title' you may find huge systems with variety of different fields, nook and secrets.

Many NPC provide a challenge not only by toughness, but also by different tactics they use.

Developers are always listening to players demands and evolve the game in the direction that players find is the best.

Technology used:

Code is pure PHP+MySQL+JavaScript(JQuery). Some PHP functions have been recompiled in C to be supported by Apache.

Current development status:

7 sectors (around 20.000 tiles), around 10 ships, plenty of weapons, around 20 enemies, 30 skills and so on. Players can explore, fight PvP & PvE, against one or multiple enemies at once, cloak, ambush, do missions, mine, build factories, collect wrecks, create alliances and much more.

Player functionality is too far ahead of content and user interface.

My own skills and tasks in the game:

Project lead. Mostly I'm doing the server side PHP coding and content creation.

What I/we are looking for:

A forth member of the team who can take care of the client side development in HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

Fluent in JQuery/Dojo (I don't care which library, as long as he knows it and can make a good use of it), I also could do the client side development, I just don't like it and prefer to concentrate on the server side =)

Having a design taste, native feeling for comfortable user interface and be able to implement nice looking functional design using all the features of the javascript library.

For the moment the game is becoming pretty functionally rich, but all the functionality is ugly and not user friendly because of my lack of knowledge and desire to spend time with javascript.

The user interface is the face of the game, it's the feeling that each player obtains from the first minutes, that's why having a dedicated person for this development is very important for us.

Expenses will be covered by:

Server, IPB, hosting are currently payed by me.

Current team:

One member of the team is creating images, ship/monsters models.

Third member is taking care of our server.

Everybody has a job, so it's a project that we are pushing on our free time.

Share / gain of the partners:

No numbers yet, if the project kicks-off, everything will be discussed at that stage...or earlier.

The share will depend on how active the person will participate in the development, new ideas generated, design/development done. I don't see a point in promising numbers before-head, it's a 'free time' development basis. Ideally, I would like to find a long time partnership for more than just one project.

Here are few images, more can come on demand

[ATTACH=CONFIG]740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]739[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]743[/ATTACH]

braneos1.thumb.jpg.042c25e98b9ef765302845b7125bbce8.jpg

braneos2.jpg.83ebd966c0a31492e032e8378c25db77.jpg

title3.thumb.jpg.47174286a4cd3b0462edf3518a6ad6c2.jpg

newmachiavel-2.thumb.jpg.1a78e3e08ecf5eae09ccfe6d4452ce4a.jpg

vikra_big.png.07384fcbc57184de10e92408ea675787.png

Edited by Aleksand Kerensky
refining

The post was actually quite interesting, but you lost me and probably tons of others by ending with this c-rap.

Share / gain of the partners:

No numbers yet, if the project kicks-off, everything will be discussed at that stage...or earlier.

I'm quite sure everyone wants to be able to KNOW what PROFIT the gain by doing this, but the game itself obviously.

Avento

Currently, there is no profit from the project, no ads, no selling of stuff or something like that. It's difficult to start planning 'shares' of something that is not giving any profit, from something that we are working on in our free time. Would you start dividing something that you don't have?

We are waiting till we have a better looks than what we have now, to not be ashamed to show the game to a big public. We are having around 10 testers, some of them spend few days playing non stop. Few players gave a great feedback saying that the game has a big potential, but we don't want to ruin everything just by a bad exterior and first impression.

Zettieee, yeah) you are totaly right) sorry...was thinking about 'neutral'

When you have a remote server with some commercial and non commercial products on it, usually it takes some time to upgrade the software, install additional products that clients require, add new mysql databases, users, sub domains, email accounts, solve some problems and so on. That's what he does )

The more complicated game becomes,the more players you have, the more workload for the server, the more different ways to reduce it you have to find.

And Avento, some people are just loving to work on something they like, and the question about how to divide the money is not a top priority question. Personally I even don't care if this game will be much profitable(of course I sincerely hope that it will and we have good plans for it), but if not, I'm having a great piece of software that was developed by me and can easily help me to find a good job in game dev. I was having much fun and pleasure developing it.

If you only think about what you will get besides the game itself and expect to be promised some numbers already now, then maybe you are exactly the kind of person who we are trying to avoid.

If the work done by us(with the new team member) will be good, and the final product will be good, we'll always find a way to earn money on it, and divide it in a honest way.

Edited by Aleksand Kerensky
addition

Avento

Currently, there is no profit from the project, no ads, no selling of stuff or something like that. It's difficult to start planning 'shares' of something that is not giving any profit, from something that we are working on in our free time. Would you start dividing something that you don't have?

We are waiting till we have a better looks than what we have now, to not be ashamed to show the game to a big public. We are having around 10 testers, some of them spend few days playing non stop. Few players gave a great feedback saying that the game has a big potential, but we don't want to ruin everything just by a bad exterior and first impression.

Yes, I would. I would want to make sure that I have that certain % of the share of the profit. Let's say you decided all hosts would be first payed by the income, and then the final income is like 1000 $. I would want to be sure I get at least 10 % or something, depending on the team size and work I do.

When you have a remote server with some commercial and non commercial products on it, usually it takes some time to upgrade the software, install additional products that clients require, add new mysql databases, users, sub domains, email accounts, solve some problems and so on. That's what he does )

The more complicated game becomes,the more players you have, the more workload for the server, the more different ways to reduce it you have to find.

And Avento, some people are just loving to work on something they like, and the question about how to divide the money is not a top priority question. Personally I even don't care if this game will be much profitable(of course I sincerely hope that it will and we have good plans for it), but if not, I'm having a great piece of software that was developed by me and can easily help me to find a good job in game dev. I was having much fun and pleasure developing it.

If you only think about what you will get besides the game itself and expect to be promised some numbers already now, then maybe you are exactly the kind of person who we are trying to avoid.

If the work done by us(with the new team member) will be good, and the final product will be good, we'll always find a way to earn money on it, and divide it in a honest way.

You say that now, when the PROFIT goes big, it is a whole different matter. As a team leader you could say, i take the profit myself. Sorry i cant go in to details but im school on a lesson :p

It all comes to one, how can you be certain to have a %? It's always a matter of trust, or you trust that you get a certain share from the start or from the point when there will be a profit to split(or the company created), or you don't trust. I prefer to not promise a fixed % because it's too early and there is no profit yet, and because it depends on the contribution of each members.