Email Function help?

Nicholas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your email didnt come through. My email using the same code went to my hotmail.

Are you using a valid email in the from?

Also change your code to the following.

$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";

$headers .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n";

$headers .= 'From: '.$from.'';

change and yes i am, i've been using the email address i have in the post form for about 4 years now lol.

Well the code is working ive tested what Ive provided to you on my server without any problem. Sent to gmail, hotmail, yahoo and other email accounts.

So if its not sending to your hotmail account then something is up with your hotmail which could be spf or lookup from hotmail not able to be verified if you can look at mail queues on your server then it may give you more info.

Assuming the not necessarily localhost MTU is correctly configured and hotmail is sending bounces, then your catch-all mail account may well contain those. Failing that it, may become necessary to move to something a little more sane than the sadly lacking mail() function - something like SwiftMailer as I alluded to earlier. Sockets() are fine, but tricky unless you are prepared to waste 6 months trying to understand a mail protocol that seldom adheres to RFC specs and is really best left to small wizened old men in dimly lit back-rooms wearing slippers and smoking fine pipe weed.

Assuming the not necessarily localhost MTU is correctly configured and hotmail is sending bounces, then your catch-all mail account may well contain those. Failing that it, may become necessary to move to something a little more sane than the sadly lacking mail() function - something like SwiftMailer as I alluded to earlier. Sockets() are fine, but tricky unless you are prepared to waste 6 months trying to understand a mail protocol that seldom adheres to RFC specs and is really best left to small wizened old men in dimly lit back-rooms wearing slippers and smoking fine pipe weed.

I don't get how to use SwiftMailer?

Possibly, but the advantage is you can select which mail server to use as a router ... ie; if you have a GMail account, use it as a smart host - saves a metric tonne of headaches. Sure with some fiddling you can kinda do that with the built-in smtp facilities, but its messy. At least this mechanism provides the extra ability of being able to debug the actual protocol itself - which can help considerably in debugging any number of problems.

Hotmail, is certainly not alone in this, there are quite a few big mail providers that cause similar problems - apparently in an effort to reduce spam... though if I look in my spam folder, a large % seems to come from those domains... go figure ;)

Its also dead simple to add html components, attachments, etc etc.

Edited by Octarine