MakeWebGames

Attractive Advertisement Tutorial!

Absolute Zero

Re: Attractive Advertisement Tutorial!

WOW. This tutorial is fantastic. I am making an ad now. I am stuck on the text bit, not stuck as in I don't know what to do, but rather, I can't find the text font I downloaded....either of them. I downloaded two from dafont.com: STARCRAFT and VISITOR. Where should I have extracted the .zip files to?

Oh, also, I downloaded the CS3 Extended version of photoshop....and when I tried to get the clouds, nothing happened, so I used the Fibres....still looks pretty good, in my opinion! =D ggl.

WOW. This tutorial is fantastic. I am making an ad now. I am stuck on the text bit, not stuck as in I don't know what to do, but rather, I can't find the text font I downloaded....either of them. I downloaded two from dafont.com: STARCRAFT and VISITOR. Where should I have extracted the .zip files to?

Oh, also, I downloaded the CS3 Extended version of photoshop....and when I tried to get the clouds, nothing happened, so I used the Fibres....still looks pretty good, in my opinion! =D ggl.

Download the Zips to your desktop, then, extract them there. When thats done, if you have Windows Vista right click them and press "Install Fonts". When you open up Photoshop it will be there when you scroll through fonts.

For Windows XP it's a bit different. Download the Zips to your desktop, then, extract them there. When thats done, go to "My Computer", double-click "Local Disk (C:)", then double-click the "Windows" folder, then find the "Fonts" folder and double-click it, copy and paste the fonts into here or drag them and then reload Photoshop, they will be there.

Thanks for all the feedback, if you really enjoyed this tutorial I have become much more experienced and am almost done my Photoshop Tutorial site where you will receive PSD's with tutorials (some for free, others may be with a subscription) and other goodies or freebies. Some top quality tutorials will be posted by some darn good authors/artists/graphic designers, so, feel free to go to it when it's done, I'll be sure to post up a new topic about it. To add, if you have any tutorial in mind that you would like to be featured here or on my new site then please, post in my tutorial request thread, PM me, or even post here.

Thank you, Absolute Zero.

Thanks a lot! I will do that when I get onto my newer laptop, coz I'm on a crappy one at the minute. Thank you very much and I will definetly check out your site when it's done and up!! =D

Cheers,

The Ace

hgsgdsg5.jpg

How did you do that? What I mean is, how much brushing did you use? What thickness of brush? etc. Because mine NEVER turns out the way yours did.... :(

I have turned the layer to Soft Light and all, but I can't get it to look even remotely similar. GGL.

Thanks again!

I've downloaded a grunge brush set, and extracted the files from the zip folder, but I don't know where to go from there. I right clicked on the file and clicked Open With... and chose Photoshop, but nothing really happened. I can't seem to find my brushes.... :(

EDIT::

Uh, I think I have found them, but I can't seem to figure out which one's which, because they're called Sample #53 and so on. :(

Thanks again!

I've downloaded a grunge brush set, and extracted the files from the zip folder, but I don't know where to go from there. I right clicked on the file and clicked Open With... and chose Photoshop, but nothing really happened. I can't seem to find my brushes.... :(

EDIT::

Uh, I think I have found them, but I can't seem to figure out which one's which, because they're called Sample #53 and so on. :(

To install a brush they must be in .abr format, from there you load up Photoshop and go to the brushes panel (click the brush tool, you should see a drop down with brushes at the top) and click the little (>) on the upper right side. Then click load brushes and select the ones you want. They will then be uploaded to your photoshop and will be usable.

• 3 weeks later...