MakeWebGames

Grpg Worth working on

Unreal

Is this worth working on.

I have never used mmcodes or this before

But i know there is a number of bugs with this script but is it worth fixing up

Im a beginner and messing around with a script might help me learn better..

If i could fully program i would start from scratch but im not that good

Is this worth working on.

I have never used mmcodes or this before

But i know there is a number of bugs with this script but is it worth fixing up

Im a beginner and messing around with a script might help me learn better..

If i could fully program i would start from scratch but im not that good

Any script is worth fixing up , it helps you learn what to do and what not to do , some can become quite troublesome to fix , but it helps you learn from others mistakes and what you can do to make it better

I don't like that "rule out this script immediately" thing that a lot of people do. Don't get me wrong, there are better written engines out there, but if you are a beginner, or have a limited knowledge base to work with, you have to find the right script to do the job that you need it to. After that, you can worry about important things like security, or ability to write new features and learning the code used. Find what you need first, then go with that. Good luck with your project.

• 1 month later...

GRPG is a fantastic script to use.

I've been working with it for quite a while now, the basic script is very insecure, and the only thing you can do is trawl through every file and fix up every single $_GET and $_POST there is.

But it is a whole lot more straightforward than MCCODE and in my experience alot easier. Not to mention a mile better looking. You can tell an mccode based game before you get logged in.

The only downside is.... thegrpg.com website is long gone so you can't buy a license for it. It's easy to find on t'internet, and I also heard somewhere that it was released on sourceforge, I don't know anymore than that though