MakeWebGames

Need help thinking of a name for my game...

DylC0N

I currently have a game in a very early development stage that is a gangster/mafia themed text-based game. One of the main reasons I chose to do a game of this theme is that with it being my first game I didn't want to take much risk and so I thought with the gangster/mafia theme being the most common type of text-based game I see around that is what I would opt for.

However I've slowly become more and more disinterested with doing a game of this theme and so I have decided that I am instead going to adapt the theme to instead be a post-apocalyptic wasteland theme, where every day is a fight for survival and resources. The main reason for this is the fact I love the setting and it will allow me to be more original and creative. The trouble I'm having is thinking of a name for the game, so I would be most appreciative if people of this board could throw some suggestions at me. The more creative and original the better.

Thanks!

Edited by DylC0N
Typo.

Two things with this post. First you should create a story for your game and figure out a title that represents the meaning. Second, you state how you want to be creative and different with the game but you are asking someone to come up with the name for you? That can only spell disaster later down the road. I understand names can be tricky, but having someone pick it for you will most likely not match the game.

Second, you state how you want to be creative and different with the game but you are asking someone to come up with the name for you? That can only spell disaster later down the road. I understand names can be tricky, but having someone pick it for you will most likely not match the game.

I am not asking anyone to come up with a name for me. I state in the topic that I am having trouble coming up with a name and and so I would be appreciative if people could throw some suggestions at me. Look at this kind of like brainstorming. People throw some suggestions at me to help me get ideas which may or may not result in me coming up with a name I like. Of course if someone was to suggest a name that I loved and I thought fitted perfectly with my idea for the game then yes I would use it.

I apologise if I didn't make this clear enough.

First you should create a story for your game and figure out a title that represents the meaning.

As I just mentioned this is more like brainstorming and so I'm not really expecting someone to give me a definitive name for the game just suggestions, it doesn't even have to be a name, it can just be general ideas. As such I don't think I really I need to provide a story. I have somewhat of a basic story in my head but I don't think it would aid in coming up with a name and I don't necessarily think a game such as this even needs a story aside from a very basic one possibly.

You got mafia and wasteland. So to me, automaticly makes me think Mafia Wasteland :P

How bout mafiastakes

Sorry I think you two may have misunderstood, I'm changing the theme completely away from a gangster/mafia style game to instead have a post-apocalyptic wasteland theme, so any reference to anything mafia or gangster related is pretty redundant.

• 4 weeks later...