MakeWebGames

my old game made from ezRPG [legacy]

seany123

hey, i was a member of ezRPG way back when i really cant remember 3-4 years ago... it dont even think their website was even on ezRPGproject at the time it was something else... anyway i literally today came across my website source codes, even though it was technically a version of ezRPG every single page had been customized 100% so really it wasnt a ezRPG game..well kinda, here are a couple of pictures.

home - 2lswl79.png

Hall of Fame - 2e0tqf8.png

Index - fav8nk.png

Inventory - vdcqc7.png

search - atw761.png

profile page - o6n2o9.png

here are some functions it had/has;

• Full Functional Battles
  • Fully Functional Mugging system
  • Fully Functional Item inventory and Item Equipping which gave bonus which worked in battle.
  • Cities with different shops,bonuses,Jobs..etc
  • Fully Functional working HOF with filters for money,lvls,stats,bank filters included cities
  • Bank with Daily Interest
  • Fully functional on site Forum, with BBCODE,moderators,admins,editing...(this was custom made by booher). but i had since upgraded it.
  • Fully functional customer support tickets (again this was custom made by booher) until i upgraded it.
  • Fully functional gangs, with Gang exp, gang forums, gang bank, gang messaging, perks etc.
  • Cars where added to the game but never utilised, you could buy a car but could do anything except drive from 1 city to another instead of using the bus.
  • Pets, again pets had been added for purchase but were never utilised in the battle script.
  • Search, allowed you to search for members on the game with parameters like cities, online status, attack availability, current money, current lvl.
  • it had fully functional hospitals/prisons which were used for gone wrong battles,crimes.
  • fully functional items which worked to gain exp boosts, stat boosts, reduce hospital times, reduce prison times.

i was very proud of what i had done and even though i never actually completed the game i got exactly what i wanted out of the experience and that was to learn HTML,PHP and CSS, i dont know what this community is like anymore but one piece of advice i would give to you all is to start small, dont worry about getting more and more modules into the game, worry more about the core parts then release the game and drive players! thats where i went horribly wrong, i never stopped trying to make it better and never started trying to drive traffic/players to it, which in turn meant it never succeeded.

Goodluck.

Edited by seany123

yes i guess thats something that i could do, but i doubt these script would be compatible with the current version of EZ, they werent even compatible with the old version of EZ which i built it from... generally it would take more time for someone to update these script and implement it into their own system than it would to create the scripts from scratch.

You could release it as a script like Cronus pointed out, however it looks like a pretty extensive game from the screenshots..

If it were me I'd do one of two things:

1) Put it up and run a game or hire someone else to run the game for a cut of the "donations". That would probably require an investment for advertising, but I'm guessing it wouldn't take long to make back.

2) Sell the script as a whole to someone that wants to run a unique game. If you have the game running and sell it you could very easily get at least $1-2k.

Just a thought.

I guess I should have been more specific.

I did say, "If you have the game running", but I guess I meant more along the lines of running successfully.

If you get a decent player base (1,500-2,000 players) with at least 10% of them active on a daily basis, and reasonably steady "donations", you should be able to get $1-2k easy.

If you just sell it to someone so they can start their own unique game, you might be lucky and get $500. Probably not more than that.