MakeWebGames

Admin panel and module manager under work

a_bertrand

I'm working currently on the next release of NWE (as you may expect it). Just to keep you informed of what's going on, the next release will have a much nicer / user friendly admin panel and the module manager module will be actually a lot more powerful. How so?

- The admin panel will not show anymore the tables and configuration keys as they will be ALL THE TIME available on the new side admin panel (which appears on any admin module). That will reduce drastically the number of links of the admin panel.

- The module manager will show you all the tables and config keys defined by a module (see here under) as well as let you finally upgrade modules directly from your game (no more going to the marketplace, login, download, then go to your game, login, and upload the module). A simple click on the "Update" button of the wished module you want to update, and after a couple of sec your module will be download, and installed. As easy as that.

- The admin side panel called "Admin Quick Link" will appear on each and every admin modules (as long as their config.xml is correctly set), and will let you jump from one admin module to another, as well as see all the tables, or config keys. You can hide it if you don't want it, and you can expand / contract those different sections. Of course it remembers how you set it up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379[/ATTACH]

So what's going on beside admin improvements? Well I must admit the next release will be mainly improvements of the existing tools, more than actually bringing a lot of new functionality. One thing which I promised is the location module, and that should be in. Beside this new module, I doubt there will be so many others, but stay tuned, as it will anyhow a good release ;)

As always wishes / feedback is welcome.

Capture.JPG.bcc693b11101bb9b3236260052673fb0.JPG

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have been busy writing and not coding so thank you very much for all you are doind, as well as the locations module! You are truly going to have a successful game engine here!