MakeWebGames

Mafia Brotherhood project

Cractax

Good day, readers!

I'm currently working on my newest project: Mafia Brotherhood. It's a text-based mafia game built from scratch, not built on any scripts. I'm new to the "international" mafia game market, and to be honest I have no clue what a international player demands from the game. What functions is needed? Would the currently design be ok? I'd like to use this forum as a way to communicate with players and make the game the way players want.

I've started coding, but just some few functions are done or even started on.

I need one or maybe two people to help me out with simple things like ideas, suggest changes to improve the game. Contact me @ pm.

Until the game is done, I can only show you pictures and updates.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MBHDevelopment

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MafiaBrotherhood

Blogspot: http://mafiagamecreator.blogspot.com/

My view is that you'll need to spend upwards of a thousand on design work and tons of time just figuring out how to do it differently. I would suggest finding something that nobody has done before because you won't be up against hundreds of similar games. I'd say avoid sports, crime, racing, fantasy and space themed games. It's just too competitive for someone to compete without a big budget.

My view is that you'll need to spend upwards of a thousand on design work and tons of time just figuring out how to do it differently. I would suggest finding something that nobody has done before because you won't be up against hundreds of similar games. I'd say avoid sports, crime, racing, fantasy and space themed games. It's just too competitive for someone to compete without a big budget.

You don't have to have a budget.The problem these days with people who have a budget for a coder don't put heir heart in the game and its a good chance a year later or so they will stop the game because they still won't get the big picture.

Also it don't matter how many mafia games out there because every day a mafia game is shut down.

You don't have to have a budget.The problem these days with people who have a budget for a coder don't put heir heart in the game and its a good chance a year later or so they will stop the game because they still won't get the big picture.

Also it don't matter how many mafia games out there because every day a mafia game is shut down.

I agree with what you said about having a budget for a coder. I wasn't talking about having a budget for the programming. You absolutely need to do that yourself and assume that you'll have a good $3,000+ worth of your own time in the development process. But it does cost a lot to do the initial advertising blitz and have a good design made.

yep

But you used mc code, right?

People seem to be able to tell instantly if they are, which slows down sign ups and whatnot, from what I have seen.

Yea I use mccode but the users loves the features it had.Also when the site back up it won't be mccode anymore.

I've made a demo user for a while ago, but forgot to post it.

You can check out the game here:

http://mafiabrotherhood.com/

Username: Demo

Password: demo

Remember, its just the news page and crime page that is working at the moment.

As I've earlier mentioned, you can follow each step of the development at our twitter page, I'm updating up to several times a day: https://twitter.com/#!/MBHDevelopment

The fields are described, look closer. I'll change the color of the font later.

I want you guys to test it and give me feedbacks so I can improve the game, so don't be so harsh on me.

I can see the text clearly with this sucky laptop screen, so I really can't understand why you doesn't see it though.

And if you expected text at the login content, I'm sorry to disappoint you. It will be screenshots, info etc there later, when the game is ready.

What's wrong? well it's basically all black... That's what I'm saying. Or if I shall try to be yet more clear, it lacks completely contrast and do not offer any kind of text, images or anything. Sorry but this is not appealing and is actually even worse than a simple white page without any CSS / style or formatting.

BTW... Just to make you happy I logged it:

- First of all the login seems to be case sensitive even for the username. Seems odd to me.

- The inside is not better, same issue with the contrast which makes it hardly readable.

- Then clicked on some crime... and has been redirected back to the home page.

And now... no more login.

As said, for me you asked us to test way too early. Wait to have something to show before asking for review.

1. Just checked the login to be sure, its not case sensitive (only password, but thats obvious)

2. I really can't understand the contrast on your screen then. I have several testers, everyone seems to see the game perfectly fine.

- Yes it lacks contrast, but I don't want to blind players with insane bright contrast, thats understandable, isn't it?

3. Could be because I've made changes to crimes the last 20 minutes.

Yes its too early, but I thought people may want to see the design and give me feedbacks about it.

No offence but the colours on this page: http://wayofthemafia.com/ (it's all CSS as well [i've been told] and that's not even a real login) look better than the colours you use. It's too dark, not enough contrast beween input fields and the background, I know you want it to be dark but some contrast is needed. However, I like the internal layout (not the colours though).