MakeWebGames

Noob looking for a little help?

MeBeSte

Hi,

I have finally learnt how to install scripts. :D

Sady after I successfully installed and registered to the game.

When I try to log in I get...

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/londonma/public_html/index.php on line 105

Any noob freindly advice would be greatfully apreciated.

Please go easy if its something simple, I do Google things first.

Regards,

Ste.

I refreshed the page and it logged me in and now I have an error and white where the Crime menu etc should be but the rest of the game shows.

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'norightclick.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/londonma/public_html/menu.php on line 8

Could someone please help :) Also maybe explain how I can work out myself what these errors mean.

Regards,

Ste.

We don't really know what line 8 was untill you tell us. Deleting something is mostly not a good choice as it is there for a reason in the first place. If you can, put it back, and tell us what line 8 is..

If line8 was something in the lines of include "norightclick.php" then you need to upload that file as php can't find it. It's probably just a file that prevents users from using a right click on the pages, so no harm done there if it's just that.

Yer I imagine it does what it says on the tin. I don't care for blocking right clicks on mygame anywho.

So basically after playing the features on the game there is a few of these

Deprecated: Functions

What do they mean and how can I solve them?

Example...

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/londonma/public_html/index.php on line 105

Regards.

Can't say it any better than this

In the process of authoring computer software, its standards or documentation, or other technical standards, deprecation is a status applied to features, characteristics, or practices to indicate that they should be avoided, typically because they have been superseded.

Although deprecated software features remain in the software, their use may raise warning messages recommending alternative practices, and deprecation may indicate that the feature will be removed in the future. Features are deprecated—rather than immediately removed—in order to provide backward compatibility, and give programmers who have used the feature time to bring their code into compliance with the new standard.

In other words, the functions are outdated, shouldn't be used anymore, possibly have a better solution, and will be removed in a future version of php.

What can you do to get rid of these errors. Either tell php not to show them (not advised) or give the script an overhaul/recode and use the alternatives.

Excellent thank you for your replies.

Hmm I am afraid I do not know how to fix the errors myself. There is around 5 I have found so possibly few more.

I imagine its simple, would anyone be willing to fix for a small fee

Also I read about it being because I am using php 5.3.0. If I change to a server that allowed me to use and older version of PHP it will be fine?

Regards.

I think it would be better to fix the errors/issues rather than go back in time and work with an older php version. These versions improve for a reason. PHP5.3 has been out for a while and is rather stable, so I would stay with it. There is no point in going back, other than to get rid of a few errors, and possibly introduce php issues on a lower level. Also, Chances are that the other hosts will update to a more recent version of php as well, and then you'll end up with the same errors again.