MakeWebGames

Please help search streets

boots

It seems the item's found on the streets go into inventory as single items cant get them to group :(

} else if($_GET['search'] == 2) {

if($rand == 1) {

$db->query("INSERT INTO `inventory` VALUES('',$itemidsearch2,$userid,$quantitysearch2)");

echo "<span style='color:green;font-weight:700;'>Success</span><br />While searching ".$cityname." you found an mysterious item. Go to your inventory to find out what";

} else {

this is what i have changed but dont work as you guys will know

$db->query("UPDATE INTO inventory SET('',$itemidsearch8,$userid,$quantitysearch8)");

where am i going wrong ?

function item_add($user, $itemid, $qty, $notid=0)

{

global $db;

if($notid > 0)

{

$q=$db->query("SELECT * FROM inventory WHERE inv_userid={$user} and inv_itemid={$itemid} AND inv_id != {$notid}");

}

else

{

$q=$db->query("SELECT * FROM inventory WHERE inv_userid={$user} and inv_itemid={$itemid}");

}

if($db->num_rows($q) > 0)

{

$r=$db->fetch_row($q);

$db->query("UPDATE inventory SET inv_qty=inv_qty+{$qty} WHERE inv_id={$r['inv_id']}");

}

else

{

$db->query("INSERT INTO inventory (inv_itemid, inv_userid, inv_qty) VALUES ({$itemid}, {$user}, {$qty})");

}

}

i found this on the furums but just dont know how to add it to the script :(

Edited by boots
added more info

Instead of...

$db->query("INSERT INTO `inventory` VALUES('',$itemidsearch2,$userid,$quantitysearch2) ");

change to...

item_add($userid, $itemidsearch2, $quantitysearch2);

do the same thing to all inventory inserting queries.

but make sure your changing the $itemidsearch2, $quantitysearch2 to the right ones for that search.

the item_add function should be in your global_func.php you do not replace that, keep it as it is... And use the function how I have explained above...

Edited by lucky3809