MakeWebGames

Mobile/Cell - How times change?!

Zanyx

Hi MWG, As many of you know the term smartphone is being used more now than ever with a range of phone operating systems ranging from, Apple iOS, Google Android, BlackBerry RIM and of course the fresh interactive Windows phone OS.

I Myself have had various mobile/cell phones from Blackberry's to iPhones to the Windows mobiles and even Android.

However each OS is different in many ways but people tend to buy a phone on a certain OS due to it's repuation, Now i honestly prefer Windows Mobile OS due to the unique sense of design and interactive styling to it.

Here are some things i have found out from various sources and friends.

1. BlackBerry RIM - Most people i have spoken to have said if it wasn't for BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) They would not have purchased one.

2. Apple iOS - Various friends and colleagues said to have purchased apple handsets due to the reputation and huge amount of apps available but were then let down by the amount of apps that are either the same or just poor, Yet the core handset is still amazing for them to keep it.

3. Google Android - Not spoken to many with this OS, But the ones i have, Have all said the same thing - It lives up to the ever growing reputation that it has! Great.

4. Windows Mobile - Spoken to quite a few people about this OS, and they genuinely love it, However the lack of popularity and repuation means it has limits with getting the bigger better apps available to other OS's.

Well that's all, i think...

Would like to know what you guys think of mobile OS's.

Thanks.

I currently have Windows Mobile 6.5 (CE) and have been using it for a while now. I'm actually quite happy with it. Apart from a few minor hiccups here and there, it actually works quite good! Even though it still is Microsoft, which you notice when using it, it's actually a rather good. It does indeed miss some "things" to make it really top notch. I feel like it gets less credit than it deserves. I'm also quite sure that Windows Phone 7 is a step ahead..

Little did I know that my phone also existed in the android version, I would have taken chosen for that one back in the day I think. Still, I'm happy with the choice I've made. All features work just fine, and the integration with other windows services I use like MS Exchange are very easy... which is a bonus!