MakeWebGames

Eclipse with Android SDK

bineye

So recently I found a gap in the market and the need for a piece of software for mobile phones. In my research I was pointed to Eclipse and the Andriod SDK and ADT plugin. However, I ran into some issues with the fact the emulator would not run and the ADT plugin, although installed, does not run as shown on the ASDK website. Now I have come here, not for help, but just to see if anyone has used this program to develop an Android app, and if they recommend this or have had similar issues?

hello and i use this setup for making my apps and i have had same kind of problem while setting up the environment for building for starters to sort this there is a bug in the SDK to sort this out you need to move the sdk dir to like c:/android-sdk/ or you can use the shortened version to declare where the sdk is like C:\PROGRA~2\Android\android-sdk (64 bit) or C:\PROGRA~1\Android\android-sdk (32 bit) thats the way i solved all problems after i did this the build environment work perfectly and after you get it working it is the best setup ever and if you dont like it you can always try titanium that is mostly no coding program thats why i dont like titanium

Edited by urbanmafia

if you dont like it you can always try titanium that is mostly no coding program thats why i dont like titanium

Yes I agree with this. You need some degree of flexibility in anything you develop. If you don't have this freedom, you can never make your products the way you like them or make it unique from everyone else's.