MakeWebGames

Settings and Items

mystik1

I got past the installation issues from my previous thread :), but I have hit one or two small snags going forward past that. The first may be related to the second, is my thinking. Here goes...

In the staff panel / Basic Settings, I try to change settings there, such as turning off the ability to send money. However, the change does not save. Further down, there's a Will Potion Item drop down list that is blank. I am wondering if that is why it won't save the settings...because that field is blank?

So, on the thought from the above, I went to the Items section, thinking I should add an item that would be used for the Will Potion, and then I could select it there. I Click Add, but the Item Type option here is also blank. Is that normal? I don't think it would be. Shouldn't that be where you set if it's a weapon/armor, consumable, or whatever?

Thanks much again in advance.

You may not have a database have you checked to see if it inserted the fields and tables after installing?

Before making a weapon or items you have to make a type, then make it, if you don't make a type it wont let you pass the make link function.

So go into your staff panel and click where it says new type and add a new type, then make your item

Thanks much for the replies. I got past that by adding the types, item, and then setting is up. I had not yet spotted the type link. Cool.

I can't believe the trouble I am having getting started, though. I have run into another issue. Hopefully this will be the last one. Maybe one of you knows the answer. I am trying to setup a job. However, no matter what I enter, it seems, I always get the message "One or more of the inputs seems to of the wrong format, please go back and try again." This is what I am using:

Name: Rob a Street Punk

Brave Cost: 1

Success % Formula: ((WILL*0.8)/2.5)+(LEVEL/4)

(the default)

Success Money: 15

Success Favors: 1

(I want it to be 0 here, but I even tried 1 since the text does say 1-9 chars only, even though I would think I should be able to use 0)

Success Item: None

(I have tried selecting an item just to see if that was it, but still no luck)

Group: Beginner Jobs

Initial Text: This is a test.

Success Text: Success!

Failure Text: You failed to complete this job!

Jail Text: You've been caught, and are heading to jail!

Jail Time: 5

Jail Reason: Failed job.

Crime XP Given: 1

Any ideas?