MakeWebGames

Blood Effects, free for the community + written tut

Spydre452

So, a few days ago i posted up some mascot designs - http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/40074-Character-Mascot-Drawings - so the community could get a feel for my art.

However, they didn't really meet the requirements of the community, so i set out - using the same program and tools - to create something that maybe beneficial for all of you.

The secret to this is very simple - all you need is adobe illustrator and 5 minutes spare...adobe fireworks is optional (but i used it) - I also used a graphics tablet - but its entirely up to you as a simple laptop/computer mouse will suffice. It doesn't really matter at this stage if nothing is neat - remember a real life blood splatter isn't perfect...

Create a very bizarre pattern - this can be a simple word or simply a random line or bunch of lines then add an effect from the paintbrush artistic ink section - transports to fireworks (or your chosen colouring program and boom - you have a simple yet effective blood effect) - add different layers and shades of red to give it a realistic feel to it and this is what you can create (File attached - .JPG, To get the .png for ease of editing and free will of use please IM me as i am having difficulty storing the full png on imgur or uploading it via the upload link in mwg.)

Feedback and comments please...

examp01.thumb.jpg.3dc110a23a3a790d9fea04ac507296c2.jpg

Edited by Spydre452
Additional file - .png (To allow downloaders to edit/use to their free will)

Ok thanks Kieran-R :)//

@Mystical, yea true but this way (imo) is a little more creative as you get to decide how the effect goes rather than relying on a brush tool. Although your suggestion may work better, my personal preference lies with the illustrator version so i thought i would share with the community - but you have a valid point :)