MakeWebGames

Need 3 helpers with Criminal Outlaws!

oxidati0n

My game, which I have posted in the Game Projects (the parent forum to this) which you can see below - are looking for 3 helpers to help with the game development and managing the community.

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39787-CriminalOutlaws.com

It will be a non-paying job but prizes and monetary rewards will be given to the top perfomers within the game. As our system has been built with an army of algorithms and advanced technology through me, it shouldn't be too hard but the most work will be at the beginning of the game. It will grow over time if our goals are reached, however we can't guarantee this and need helpers on back.

You will need to be an active member of the game, and your job will start as soon as you signup. Unfortunately, as we have huge amounts of money (and no, not £100 or £200) then we want to make sure that everything is done perfectly to the best standard.

In all respect, I won't accept just anyone and you must have a great extent of English (preferably to my standard, or you'll make us look very unprofessional), based in UK (North West prefered) and available on a regular basis using Skype. You won't gain instant privileges and will have to work to gain promotion (and at first, you will just help out in the community). But, it's a great opportunity to join a team of aspiring people looking to make a serious game. We might even offer bigger job roles right now to those we feel are overqualified. We can discuss other terms in private for these roles. If you want to contact me, e-mail me at bilawal [at] ferple {dot} com

Thanks!

My game, which I have posted in the Game Projects (the parent forum to this) which you can see below - are looking for 3 helpers to help with the game development and managing the community.

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39787-CriminalOutlaws.com

It will be a non-paying job but prizes and monetary rewards will be given to the top perfomers within the game. As our system has been built with an army of algorithms and advanced technology through me, it shouldn't be too hard but the most work will be at the beginning of the game. It will grow over time if our goals are reached, however we can't guarantee this and need helpers on back.

You will need to be an active member of the game, and your job will start as soon as you signup. Unfortunately, as we have huge amounts of money (and no, not £100 or £200) then we want to make sure that everything is done perfectly to the best standard.

In all respect, I won't accept just anyone and you must have a great extent of English (preferably to my standard, or you'll make us look very unprofessional), based in UK (North West prefered) and available on a regular basis using Skype. You won't gain instant privileges and will have to work to gain promotion (and at first, you will just help out in the community). But, it's a great opportunity to join a team of aspiring people looking to make a serious game. We might even offer bigger job roles right now to those we feel are overqualified. We can discuss other terms in private for these roles. If you want to contact me, e-mail me at bilawal [at] ferple {dot} com

Thanks!

Sorry about me being pedantic..

Also, how is having a huge amount of money in anyway unfortunate? Are you saying if you didn't have a "huge amount of money" you wouldn't do everything perfectly?

So in other words your after game staff? A programming forum is not the best place to find such people. One way to do it is to invest in ads, assuming you have the time to do this yourself for the first few weeks, then ask in game who wants a basic job. Building up from there will help, and more importantly ensure that the people you give permissions are active. Having other developers often means that their projects will come first. Just a thought for you.

Now I do have one small question about the way you're planning to conduct this, how do you plan on giving staff members in game prizes without making members feel it's unfair? It always gets out sooner or later.

So I just saw help out with the community but you are looking for people to help develop the game without any pay? Even though you stated you have lots of money....

Peter, I meant enough, not millions. And it's our investors money. So, resources is not the problem was the point I was getting at. I'm not looking for programmers. Let me clarify that. Only non-programming players who will a duty in the operation of the game (i.e. finding cheating users, etc). And the pay wouldn't be sustainable according to our business plan.

Dominion, that has already been taken care of. Users will not feel as if they are going to be unfairly treated.

US Vice, that's what we plan to do but there's no harm allowing people here to contribute. And it's a programming forum? When I was here a couple of years ago, it wasn't. My bad.

The last thing I want to say is that I'm big headed, it's just that we don't plan on making a half-baked game and want to secure a good position. My sincere apologies if I was portrayed as that.

Peter, I meant enough, not millions. And it's our investors money. So, resources is not the problem was the point I was getting at. I'm not looking for programmers. Let me clarify that. Only non-programming players who will a duty in the operation of the game (i.e. finding cheating users, etc). And the pay wouldn't be sustainable according to our business plan.

Dominion, that has already been taken care of. Users will not feel as if they are going to be unfairly treated.

US Vice, that's what we plan to do but there's no harm allowing people here to contribute. And it's a programming forum? When I was here a couple of years ago, it wasn't. My bad.

The last thing I want to say is that I'm big headed, it's just that we don't plan on making a half-baked game and want to secure a good position. My sincere apologies if I was portrayed as that.

Can you upload this business plan and provide a URL and/or give details of this business plan.

Why not?

Can you upload this business plan and provide a URL and/or give details of this business plan.

No one would upload a plan they have worked on, and are currently follow because they want volunteers to help out.

Why not?

No one would upload a plan they have worked on, and are currently follow because they want volunteers to help out.

I don't want to reveal anything too early yet. And the business plan is confidential. Do you see any business out there sharing their plans?

I don't want to reveal anything too early yet. And the business plan is confidential. Do you see any business out there sharing their plans?

I can appreciate that an entire "Business plan" may be private so you are not willing to disclose it, but can you not provide some content from it? I'm just curious as to what this plan entails.

I don't see why telling us how you're making staff rewards fair will impact anything. In any case it's your choice.

I can appreciate that an entire "Business plan" may be private so you are not willing to disclose it, but can you not provide some content from it? I'm just curious as to what this plan entails.

As I said before, no one would do this just to gain volunteers.

I don't see why telling us how you're making staff rewards fair will impact anything. In any case it's your choice.

As I said before, no one would do this just to gain volunteers.

I have no wish to volunteer for the game in anyway, I was merely trying to establish whether this business plan existed or if this game is essentially being over-hyped. Seriously, this talk of investors and so on is laughable. If an investor had a good amount of money to spend on an online game surely they would go to a reputable/professional web development company to build a website OR invest in an already well established website... doesn't make sense to me.

Apologies for the previous misunderstanding.

I have no wish to volunteer for the game in anyway, I was merely trying to establish whether this business plan existed or if this game is essentially being over-hyped. Seriously, this talk of investors and so on is laughable. If an investor had a good amount of money to spend on an online game surely they would go to a reputable/professional web development company to build a website OR invest in an already well established website... doesn't make sense to me.

There was no confusion. He is asking for volunteers in this thread, and you're asking about his business plan? No one would willing send out a plan before the site is even released, and more then likely not even then. Please stop asking in this thread.

Edited by Dominion

There was no confusion. He is asking for volunteers in this thread, and you're asking about his business plan? No one would willing send out a plan before the site is even released, and more then likely not even then. Please stop asking in this thread.

I do agree with you Dominion, however I don't think he was asking in that post. He was merely stating how he thinks this guy is just putting up to much hype for a game might not be that much different than others.

Do you think a game is just about good coding? If so, then clearly you are very misguided to the way you think about games. This is considered a business, and like any business, it needs good management which you can't get from a "reputable/professional web development company" and how do you do know who we have to develop the game? I haven't hired anyone from here, neither have any of you seen what the site looks like, so I can't see why you are attacking my business.

But in all respect, I haven't seen any good games come out of here for a very long time so I can understand where your coming from. A business plan does exist, but I don't see why I should prove that to you. I'll let everything talk for itself.

Dominion, I understand what you're trying to say a bit more now. I might take a reconsider before I open because of your arguments. In any case, this job, as stated, is considered a non-paid job and is volunteered. I will still accept applications but I will probably avoid coming here to ask for volunteers in the future as I now know it's just a development forum.

Do you think a game is just about good coding? If so, then clearly you are very misguided to the way you think about games. This is considered a business, and like any business, it needs good management.

Ew, no it doesn't, if i take a **** in a box and ten managers are there to offer their best criticism, it will still be a piece of ****. What is killing our businesses is people thinking we need more managers, when really we need more contenters (thats not a word), dreamers and entrepreneurs.

But in all respect, I haven't seen any good games come out of here for a very long time so I can understand where your coming from. A business plan does exist, but I don't see why I should prove that to you. I'll let everything talk for itself.

Dominion, I understand what you're trying to say a bit more now. I might take a reconsider before I open because of your arguments. In any case, this job, as stated, is considered a non-paid job and is volunteered. I will still accept applications but I will probably avoid coming here to ask for volunteers in the future as I now know it's just a development forum.

With all due respect, that is mainly due to how inactive you have been. Yes this is a development forum. MAKEwebgames kind of gears towards a certain kind of person. I assume some play games as well, but honestly asking for out right volunteers before the site is open is not often the way to find reliable staff members. As I said, what keeps them active once the games picks up? volunteers that are already plays is always a good way to go in my opinion. :)

Ew, no it doesn't, if i take a **** in a box and ten managers are there to offer their best criticism, it will still be a piece of ****. What is killing our businesses is people thinking we need more managers, when really we need more contenters (thats not a word), dreamers and entrepreneurs.

This is why I find things like " optimized code" in the selling point of a game funny. Now don't get me wrong, of course the site needs to be fast when I load a page, but I will not notice if you use echo over print, what I will notice is if your staff have no respect for members or if the features of a site are dull, and frankly the same as every other game. Now in your case I doubt this is a problem since your not going the "I have mccodes now lets add mods" route, but surely you see my point? If I take an amazing game, and leave it there with no one running it, and nothing advertising it... It will fail all the same as something poorly put together.

Edited by Dominion