MakeWebGames

Cron Jobs - Failing To Work

-BRAIDZ-

Hey there everyone ive been having a problem with my crons working on my game and was wondering if maybe i could please get a little help getting them running, i am using curl commands, but not sure if i am entering them right, i will give you an example of what im doing

*/5 * * * * curl htttp://yoursite.com/cron_run_five.php

is this correct or do i need to add something else to the command with the curl?

Check the cron files within raven script have not been edited, and still work like the mccodes original (so checking the config code...). You may also want to check the file names, and path to the files.

ok will do that, this is really starting to piss me off them not working they was working fine a few weeks ago now they arent at all

Hey there everyone ive been having a problem with my crons working on my game and was wondering if maybe i could please get a little help getting them running, i am using curl commands, but not sure if i am entering them right, i will give you an example of what im doing

*/5 * * * * curl htttp://yoursite.com/cron_run_five.php

is this correct or do i need to add something else to the command with the curl?

I had the same problem and this is how I solved it.

*/5 * * * * wget -c http://www.yourgame.com/cron_fivemins.php?code=your code here

Try it and see if it works then. Good luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Check the cron files within raven script have not been edited, and still work like the mccodes original (so checking the config code...). You may also want to check the file names, and path to the files.

A bit irrelevant, but I might aswell share for developers. There's a way to avoid using cronjobs simply by using timestamps.

You can generate a timestamp for how long a user will be in jail (time()+60*60 = 1 hour ahead in the future), for example and then check whether time() has exceeded the timestamp and if so, they aren't in jail anymore. That principle is not only resource friendly, but it saves the headache of cronjob's not working. In some things, you might need a cron job but reducing the dependency on them will make things a lot easier.