MakeWebGames

Lite vs Version 2

Jake

I was wondering what you think is better, buying a fully established game (V2) or getting the starting version for free (Lite), putting some work in yourself, and getting the game you want.

I have a game with Lite, and also about 2/3 in progress, and i enjoy working with lite as i can put my own mods, make them look exactly how i want, and i can say that i did it all pretty much from scratch. I have enough money, and was going to purchase MC Codes 2, but after thinking about it and talking to my co-owner, we thought it would be better to put some decent hours of coding into the new game, and have the finished product exactly the way that we want it. I can see why people would buy MC Codes 2, if your a weak coder, and have a few bob spare at the end of the month. But, for most game owners (i am aware are in their teens, like myself), i see Lite is the best way to go, especially if you can code yourself. You can teach yourself new things as you go along, whereas with v2 it's all done for you. Granted it takes a lot more time, but i see it as more rewarding.

What do you think, would you rather buy MC Codes v2, or work with Lite?

Re: Lite vs Version 2

I was wondering what you think is better, buying a fully established game (V2) or getting the starting version for free (Lite), putting some work in yourself, and getting the game you want.

I have a game with Lite, and also about 2/3 in progress, and i enjoy working with lite as i can put my own mods, make them look exactly how i want, and i can say that i did it all pretty much from scratch. I have enough money, and was going to purchase MC Codes 2, but after thinking about it and talking to my co-owner, we thought it would be better to put some decent hours of coding into the new game, and have the finished product exactly the way that we want it. I can see why people would buy MC Codes 2, if your a weak coder, and have a few bob spare at the end of the month. But, for most game owners (i am aware are in their teens, like myself), i see Lite is the best way to go, especially if you can code yourself. You can teach yourself new things as you go along, whereas with v2 it's all done for you. Granted it takes a lot more time, but i see it as more rewarding.

What do you think, would you rather buy MC Codes v2, or work with Lite?

What I actually did was code my game from LITE, then bought v1 for a couple of the mods on there I didn't want to code myself (like gangs)

There are advantages to both options though...

Personally, I would take neither route and I would just buy v1.1. The v1.1 is well rounded and easier to code for(in my opinion). Version 2 has some flashy things in it but I really don't think it's worth the $300(once again, my opinion). For one, most users on here use upgraded Lite or v1.1 so it would be a lot easier to get code/mods for. The 2.0 has some things that are nice but I would stick with the 1.1 to keep things easier for yourself and to save maybe a little bit of cash.

All my opinion tho, do as you please.

~Cronus

I have set games on both free codes and 1.1 i must say it is easier getting the 1.1 codes but i did find i enjoyed doing the lite version alot more. But there are also some really good features on the 2.0 that do draw my attention to it but i couldn't really force myself too spend $300 mayb $150-$200 i may but i wouldnt be looking to get them codes anytime soon

I think  I've explained myself already.  The built in features easily saved me $300 worth of time that I was able to spend writing new mods instead of fussing around with adding the junk mods posted here. Half of them, from what I read, dont even work.  Not to mention, a lot of the basic mods can't even be found.  I guess it depends on how much you value your time.  It doesnt take a lot of my time, personally, to justify $300.  The mods I developed in the time it would have taken to get where 2.0 started me out, are worth well over $300.

Hell, I'd even pay $300 just to avoid asking stupid questions 10 times a day in these forums.

Not to mention, it didnt take long at all to recoop the costs when my game went live.