MakeWebGames

I know, i know.. not CRON JOBS AGAIN! :( Sorry but i needs your help...

Guest ArtiMCFee

Guest ArtiMCFee

I recently moved my coding to GoDaddy... added in my cron jobs via their cron manager where it produces the coding it needs blah blah...

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/cron_fivemins.php"

^that is what is produced... I get the emails saying:

Content-type: text/html

No errors showing up... but nothing happens in game. No will refill, no 'ticks'.. ;( Ive even tried replacing the crons with the 1min cron replacements in the forums and we get an error on the site:

\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}} {\*\generator Msftedit

5.41.21.2507;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 include_once'cron_minute.php';\par include_once'cron_fivemins.php';\par

include_once'cron_hour.php';\par include_once'cron_day.php';\par ?>\par }

I dont pretend to know everything about coding (infact its limited) but I am learning each day.. but this freaking problem has me stumped..

Any of ya'll can help? I would be thankful

Arti the useless coder :P

Firstly, Welcome to MWG. :)

Using the php-cli will not work, you need to send the script a GET request through the URL.

Within your "config.php" file there is a line like: "$code = '9123921890123';"

That would be your code.

Next, you need to change the parameters of the cronjob, you are probably using cPanel so simply enter: "wget http://yourdomain.com/cron_fivemins.php?code=<YOURCODE>"

Just replace "<YOURCODE>" with the code you got from the config.php file.

That should be all, but if you have any further questions please ask.

Guest ArtiMCFee

Unfortunately, GoDaddy does not have cpanel (grrrrrrr I know) It would be so much simpler if it did.

I set up the five min cron and hour cron overnight and woke to 42 error free mails this morning... so I must be the coding like you said.

How do I go about making the change to the cron itself if I am not using cpanel, just GoDaddys own Cron Panel?

Also... THANK YOU for replying and trying to help... I think you saved me from pulling my last clump of hair out 8|

http://user/4299/spudinski/