MakeWebGames

Java automatically upload image

General Doom

Hey all,

I've very little knowledge about flash and have bought an avatar creator for a website I am devoloping, however, I need it to automatically save the image the user creates into a local folder and update a mySQL field with the path of the image.

If there any way of doing this? If anybody could point me in the direction of a helpful thread it would be very appreciated, also if somebody is confident they could do this I would be willing to pay around $150.00 for the script so long as the person explains how they have done it.

Flash or Java?

Anyhow with Java you can't really use the local hard drive without requiring special privilege for the applet and in this case it must be a signed apple.

For flash, you have some space allowed as local storage... which is not big by default, but I doubt you can save there an image and in case you cannot get the path and transmit it to the server as it would be a security breach.

So no I think you are willing to do something which is not possible with the 2 tech you choose.

Silverlight would not do it either BTW...

looks like you are explaining it wrong I think .... mixing up local, with local storage and not server space

Anyway a avatar thingy that could be usefull is gravatar for instance which would update a user avatar over 100s of websites, yet forced to use gravatar

http://gravatar.com

http://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/images/php/