MakeWebGames

Advertising Scam

Wraith

I have a situation and would like some opinions.

May 14th I sent Payment to a Gaming Vote site for 2 banners. top/bottom for 3 months of advertising.

June 6th A very oppologetic vote site owner Finally posts my adds and tells me He would give me 6 months of advertising for the trouble.

June 27th The game site has been sold to a new owner.

July 1 My adds are removed and the New owner tells me I would have to get reimbursed from the previous owner. I show him proof that I had 6 months of Advertising coming to me. At the very least 2.5 months of paid advertising. The new owner still states that he is not liable for the Advertising.

It is my belief that a businesses obligations stay with the buisiness not with the owners. So even if the Site is sold.. The advertising obligations must be upheld by the new owner.

Re: Advertising

Yeah the site is Stage 3. I had always thought of Genocide as a stand up guy until this advertising experience. But the past couple months he seems more intent on taking the cash and hiding than he is on following through with his obligations.

I should have spent the cash for more time on CE.

no clue what happend with them, but by now people should know that CE will not leave..

Hosting is always paid in 2y terms for us and all revenue we see gets re-invested. Latest addition was the ventrilo server which isn't a cheap one.

At this point CE isn't making any profit due to constant advertising and investments to improve the network and this more than 1 year yet. This will go on till we reach 10k members. Only than we will take a small part aside for ourself.

So any advertiser of CE helps actually improving the network and brings in more value for the advertiser/sponsor

It doesn't surprise me one bit at what happened to you Wraith. I myself had a very crappy experience with the new owner of stage 3. Going with a more reputable site like CE here is a much better way to go. And I know that myself and you are not the only ones to have a bad experience with the new owner of stage 3 and upholding his part of his own deals. Soon enough word will get around and he will be no more, until then I would just inform your friends of the situation and tell them that he is too shady to work with.

Main advertising revenue the cE network is Google Adsense but we can include others in the rotators.

Weird to say maybe but CE advertising is relative cheap compared to what we see from Google Adsense. Even if it's only 1 inclussion.

Than again, everyone is free to advertise where he/she wants and we will never force anyone to advertise with us as we aren't dependend to advertisers.

About the new owner(s) of stage 3, no clue who it is, if we would have known it was for sale we might have bought and included it in the network and these issues wouldn't have happend as now with stage 3

might have bought it, depends on revenue/month

Main advertising revenue the cE network is Google Adsense but we can include others in the rotators.

Weird to say maybe but CE advertising is relative cheap compared to what we see from Google Adsense. Even if it's only 1 inclussion.

Than again, everyone is free to advertise where he/she wants and we will never force anyone to advertise with us as we aren't dependend to advertisers.

About the new owner(s) of stage 3, no clue who it is, if we would have known it was for sale we might have bought and included it in the network and these issues wouldn't have happend as now with stage 3

might have bought it, depends on revenue/month

The new owner is known as Kanzaz and owns and runs ozunderground.com and ozgonewild.com

Guest Anonymous

Re: Advertising Scam

Its a shame the genocide didnt ensure that all business carry over when selling his site, it really should have been part of the deal. I dont see why somnoe would buy a sie only to kill it with bad P this way . :/