MakeWebGames

A banner

For those of you who think graphics should be free, you should consider how much work and time it actually takes to design and code a custom layout. Crimgame is absolutely right. And $600 is a good deal. You may luck out and find some freebies. Good luck with that.

I totally agree with Agon.

I'm no where near great, I do freebies strictly for practice as I'm hoping to one day be a decent graphics guy on top of programming.

So you can ask me for freebies and I'll do what I can, if you don't like it ya don't have to use it, it won't be a 600.00 one I usually spend 10-30 minutes goofing off with photoshop.

Some may get lucky as I may get carried away and spend an hour or two but it's rare.......like mr clean with hair ><

I'd like to tell a story of what happened to me here about 6 months ago.

I too wanted to practice my graphics, and was handing out freebies. A guy came to me, I'll leave his name out of this... and requested a slice and code from .psd to CSS layout. I searched the net and found the going rate was about $150. I figured... well, I'm a novice at this, I can do it for $85.

The client agreed, gave me a small down payment. I think it was around $15. I began coding the layout on the backend of his site, and let him watch my progress. He then began complaining about small bugs, and gave me no chance to fix them. I was never paid the remainder of my fee.

About a month later, I find out the guy sells my layout and CSS for $300 still with the bugs in it. Nonetheless, I still see the same scumbag logging into make web games on a regular basis.

It was a hard lesson for me to learn for sure. Now I code up all my stuff on a local host, and send screenshots to the clients with a copyright layer.

Just wanted to post that tidbit to inform and educate. Good luck to everyone on their graphics projects and ventures.

Thanks for the read!

Sadly I've seen that time and time again.

The few that i've done I do on my own server on-line and let them view it live while I work on it.

When it's complete they send the money over for the layout and I send the Files, Usually keep the PSD unless they wish to pay for that as well.

Makes it difficult to edit the layout and re-sell it, tho not impossible.

A good tip to all tho Agon. :)