MakeWebGames

bit of a problem

ironhide

Hello everyone,

i have been wandering round these forums as a guest for a while and decided to try and setup an online mmo game.

after a while of wondering what engine i should pick i went with the Phaos one.

seems good, everyhting setup alright as far as i could tell but then i struck an issue:

every page has php code all over it, and i am at a loss to guessing why this is.

so if any one could help me out or point me in the right direction i would be very greatfull :)

46395d9660.jpg

so yeah thats what every page looks like, i have apache setup and i have all the files places in htdocs

so i can go http://localhost/phaos and it brings up the page you see now.

i downloaded mysql and i made a database, added the scripts, exsecuted them and everyhting was tucked away in the tables just nicely.

i added the mysql information to the config_settings.php file too

so im lost! help! :rolleyes:

oh and the reason why this is in here and not the phaos section is because every game i have tried does the same thing!

mccodes

mod_cars

phaos

and devana

You need to install PHP.

Also, after you install PHP you need to install mod_php so that Apache will know how to handle .php extensions.

All in all, I'd suggest you uninstall Apache2.2; after which, install XAMPP.

XAMPP - Apache, MySQL PHP and Perl. This is all you need, it will also install phpMyAdmin wich is a mySQL browser.

Read more at http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html.

thank you for the help Spudinski

i have got installed php 5.2.13 but not mod_php so ill be looking into that right now.

i actually have XAMPP installed so ill un install all that other software and run with that.

again thanks for the help :)

ill be sure to let you know how i go