MakeWebGames

Help with MC Crimes?

DevonNice

Hello everyone, im using MCv2 and im almost done with the site but im having a problem with my crimes.

I dont know how to make them easy or make them harder.

its called the Success formula

((WILL*0.8)/2.5)+(LEVEL/4)

how do i change that to make it harder or easier

when i started messing with it just makes it where i got to jail every time

If you know how to help me just add me to yahoo

its - [email protected]

Thank you soooooo much for the help :)

Basically, I use a sliding scale that made sense (in my game) for the easiest starting crime. This is just a guide.

That formula only allows a 4.6% chance of success by default, which is why you'll probably fail or go to jail most of time using the default formula.

You take "Will" (starts off at 20 by default in my game), which makes the percentage 20%. I multiply it by 2 for the easiest Crime, making the chance of success 40%, then add the player's level x 3 (which allows it to scale by the player's level).

So: 20 x 2 = 40% + Level: 1 x 3 = 3 = 43%.

This makes the starting chance of success for the easiest crime 43%, which may be too low or high for your game.

So in that success formula put: (WILL * 2) + (LEVEL * 3)

This can be easily adjustable, though someone with low familiarity with algebra will be pretty lost at first, admittedly.

OK, here is one formula:

((WILL*3.5)/3)+(LEVEL/3)

Now, this formula produces a HIGH chance of success. At will 100 and level 1, this comes out with: 117. This is a 117% chance of succeeding.

Now, to make it harder, decrease the number the will is multiplied (3.5), increase the division number (3,3).

A low success formula would be:

((WILL*1.2)/10)+(LEVEL/8)

This produces 12.125% chance of succeeding. (Level and will the same as before).

To make the crime easier, apply the same change, but vice versa. Therefore the multiplication is increase and division numbers decreased.

Easy crime:

((WILL*15)/2)+(LEVEL/2)

This produces a 750.5% chance of success.

Hope this helps ya. :)

I've never tried a formula for 50/50; but if you had 50/50 - equal chance; why would you want to input a formula lower than the results of 50/50? Although the players wouldn't know, I don't see the point in it. I hope that made sence (it did to me :])

I don't understand what your saying mate lmaoo sorry :)

I just want my players to have a 50/50 chance of doing crimes. This will only be for the lower crimes anyway, then i will increase the success to a higher percentage for the higher ones.

Do you understand that lmaoo ;)

Do you know the correct formula for 50/50 ???

Thanks buddy :)

50/50 formula (well, there isn't a formula); but to determine the winner rand(1,2) is used with 2 possible outcomes:

1) The better wins, and the matcher loses

2) The better loses, and the matcher wins.. And yeah, reading my last post back I don't understand it.. I was VERY tired.

Just take some time to plug in some numbers to figure out what you want your settings at..

This is for 50%, assuming your player has 100 will and is level 1

((WILL*0.8)/1.75)+(LEVEL * 5)

with 100 will and level 1 this equals (rounded)