MakeWebGames

Ingame In The Process

Ghostriders

that actually looks alright, good job your doing well there.

I'd say the background (bubbles) should be alot smaller would make it look like maybe snake skin or carbon fiber, the main menu circles which say main could be a little smaller. Maybe edit the energy and so forth circles to show like a percentage of whatever so it would be like 3/4 full for 75% sort of thing... (that would be interesting im sure).

that actually looks alright, good job your doing well there.

I'd say the background (bubbles) should be alot smaller would make it look like maybe snake skin or carbon fiber, the main menu circles which say main could be a little smaller. Maybe edit the energy and so forth circles to show like a percentage of whatever so it would be like 3/4 full for 75% sort of thing... (that would be interesting im sure).

truth is that 3/4 full for 75% idea was in mind, however cant code it like that .. unless you got any tips for it which would be great << so IF i integrate to header (ingame full) i could add that feature ..

truth is that 3/4 full for 75% idea was in mind, however cant code it like that .. unless you got any tips for it which would be great << so IF i integrate to header (ingame full) i could add that feature ..
I am a 100% sure that it is doable, as I myself made a similar concept a while back. You'd go about achieving it by doing something like this:
  • a div tag or a table cell, inside of which is going to be the % displayed(text)
  • cell would have dimensions of the entire circle image(w/out any "filled" stuff, just a gray circle)
  • set that image as the background
  • overlay(absolute positioning works) a .png image of the "fill" stuff w/ transparent background(so it'd be just a blue circle)
  • and have some fun w/ math and how you want it to change(horizontally, vertically etc.)

:) Hope it helped a little.

I am a 100% sure that it is doable, as I myself made a similar concept a while back. You'd go about achieving it by doing something like this:
  • a div tag or a table cell, inside of which is going to be the % displayed(text)
  • cell would have dimensions of the entire circle image(w/out any "filled" stuff, just a gray circle)
  • set that image as the background
  • overlay(absolute positioning works) a .png image of the "fill" stuff w/ transparent background(so it'd be just a blue circle)
  • and have some fun w/ math and how you want it to change(horizontally, vertically etc.)

:) Hope it helped a little.

i had a idea in mind where i would slice a square around one of the circles ... then had the circle sliced in different stages .. then used the *If* function in php so if it was 75% it would load up as it has sank << however it would change to a different picture :D ... it's doable .. but might try and have a try when i have actually coded this layout into a header first (full ingame template) Then try and replace the images with every stage ..

sorry if that doesn't make sense .. going off in abit so didn't have much time to post too much information to explain my post ..

Also thanks for the post UltimaRatio ... i get what you mean and that could be help full .. 5 images for each circle .. 0% = all gray ... 25%= quarter green .. 50 %= half green .. 75% = 3/4 green .. 100% = full green like the current stage .. etc :P

i had a idea in mind where i would slice a square around one of the circles ... then had the circle sliced in different stages .. then used the *If* function in php so if it was 75% it would load up as it has sank << however it would change to a different picture :D ... it's doable .. but might try and have a try when i have actually coded this layout into a header first (full ingame template) Then try and replace the images with every stage ..

sorry if that doesn't make sense .. going off in abit so didn't have much time to post too much information to explain my post ..

Yes, I see what you're saying, I think it's rather more simple; however, I also think that it could be a little bit too much hassle with the images(just slicing them I mean) and in that case you should make a js image preloader, so users wouldn't have to wait for them to load(as there'd be many images for all of the "circles").

I also suggest you use AJAX to make it +/- automatically, just for more functionality and flexibility; but that's just me :D