MakeWebGames

Getting Started Making A MMORPG Browser-Based Game

Snake

Would like some info input on what to do first on making a MMORPG browser-based game.....got most of the php files on my server right now....just need some info on how to make all the pages work from the index.php page like the Home page....not the login

i'm logged into the game from the login....got that working....just need to know how to get the Home page to connect to the other pages,Staff,Inventory,Items,pages like that....Please if you could help me would be great.....RESPECT.....Snake

If you follow these topics, it explains it will well when complete:

Mdshare Guide

About the index file, The way it runs in Mccodes is to check if the user is logged in or not, then redirect them to the corresponding page. so if the player is logged in redirect them to "loggedin.php" and if there not logged in then redirect them to "login.php". You could do this in another method but to make your site look smooth you will need to have a check to see if there logged in or not.

hope this helps

The guide will be kinda a basic tutorial how and what , it will hold steps that a lot of people don't even know or do ... and it will not be focussed on the mccode game script.

eg a part will be how to write a register/login, how a database structure could look like etc ...

RE: Getting Started Making A MMORPG Browser-Based Game

Would like some info input on what to do first on making a MMORPG browser-based game.....got most of the php files on my server right now....just need some info on how to make all the pages work from the index.php page like the Home page....not the login

i'm logged into the game from the login....got that working....just need to know how to get the Home page to connect to the other pages,Staff,Inventory,Items,pages like that....Please if you could help me would be great.....RESPECT.....Snake

Forget The Post Above....Starting Over Now....Need Some Info On Which Page To Start With In Making The Game....Please Post Here Or Your Own String....Thanks For Reading....Snake :thumbsup:

"Need Some Info On Which Page To Start With In Making The Game"

I normal start from making a secure login and database connection which i can then use as a sort of platform then build off that.

But

You can just dive in to the project but from my experience of doing this it always seems to come to a halt or seems to become a on-going project.

The first step i would recommend is planning everything out instead of just starting to program a page and moving on, is to get a clear mind set of what the end goal is.

My personal way to do this which works for me, is to do a list of features, story of game, etc.. Which then can be broken down in to subsections (under headers).

Using a spider diagram for this also seems to help me.

This way you can split it up in to steps and know what you need to do next after you finished a step.

Planning is key to any project so i would advise putting some thought in to it

Just in case you get mixed up i don't mean this kind of spider diagram :D

malespiderdiagram.png

I know, Bad joke.

Sorry

"Need Some Info On Which Page To Start With In Making The Game"

I normal start from making a secure login and database connection which i can then use as a sort of platform then build off that.

But

You can just dive in to the project but from my experience of doing this it always seems to come to a halt or seems to become a on-going project.

The first step i would recommend is planning everything out instead of just starting to program a page and moving on, is to get a clear mind set of what the end goal is.

My personal way to do this which works for me, is to do a list of features, story of game, etc.. Which then can be broken down in to subsections (under headers).

Using a spider diagram for this also seems to help me.

This way you can split it up in to steps and know what you need to do next after you finished a step.

Planning is key to any project so i would advise putting some thought in to it

Just in case you get mixed up i don't mean this kind of spider diagram :D

malespiderdiagram.png

I know, Bad joke.

Sorry

Got All The Ideas For The Game In My Head.....Really Need Some Real Info On Which Page In The McCodes Folder To Start Editing With....To Make My Game

Don't Need Any Ideas For The Game....I Already Have That