MakeWebGames

Favourite Desktop Distribution

Nickson

Well I could make one huge poll, or try to narrow it down a bit. I have tried to shown the most known families around and still keep the poll small. If I have left out the one you are using, please don't be mad and just post it, who knows what surprise it brings. I could have never made a poll with all different versions of linux around anyways. Why this poll? purely out of interest to see what families have the bigger influence in this world, or atleast on MWG. Before you vote, please keep the following things in mind though. This poll is only meant for DESKTOP use, ubuntu server, centos, freebsd as your favourite server OS wouldn't fit in this poll. In other words, you would have to use a GUI on your OS, else I wouldn't count. I can't control what you do though but I do hope all of you can participate in a fair polling and have a nice and constructive discussion!

I personally prefer ubuntu, it's the one I have the most experience with as well. I have snooped around in kubuntu, fedora, freebsd, opensuse, debion, centos and mythbuntu for various reasons, many of these were just as try-outs now and then, and not because I wanted to use them. I've actually never moved away from ubuntu.

Notes:

- You can only vote for ONE option, but you can still change your vote afterwards

- If there is a distro not added yet, either post it, or send me a PM, I'll add it and then you can vote for yours ;)

• 2 months later...

I prefer them all, I jsut don't like FREEBSD's text installation, I prefer stuff like Ubuntu's graphical instalation which is easy to install. I haven't tried slackware or fedora or any of those yet I've seen screenies and I like them, I have all the operating systems except for the noes I just mentioned I have All windows all the way ferom NT-windows 7 and that includes all windows 7 versions for 32 and 64 bit, I have all Linux and Mac's yet I dont have a mac and I'm going to cnovert my pc fr both pc and mac.